Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Stupidity on the SUSE security list

Dead Man Walking
    By the way on sort of a side note.... as far as editing or sanitizing the IP adress in the original post normaly I would be very disapointed in you gore. But in this case I dont think even the most 1337 $k1dd13 is going to touch that one with a 10 foot pole

LMFAO
    This has got to be a joke, right?

Maybe not. Spoke to one of our IT guys the other day about a computer I was using that kept rebooting, etc. Told him I had this problem with others, and thought they had Sasser. He confirmed it, said they can't seem to get rid of it ( been trying for over two months ). Seems he spends his day going to infected computers and re-ghosting them ( with original images ). That's it, their entire strategy. They can't seem to figure out why it keeps coming back! ( blaming it on something to do with the ISP, but couldn't follow him on that one ).
    " And maddest of all, to see life as it is and not as it should be" --Miguel Cervantes

Master-Jedi-Pimps0r & Moderator thehorse13's Avatar
    Niiiiiiiice.

I called up my contact down at the Pentagon and trust me, this will be handled swiftly.

Sometimes I wonder how the hell a missle hasn't been launched through the stupidity of people like this.
    Our scars have the power to remind us that our past was real. -- Hannibal Lecter.
    Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful. -- John Wooden

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    Maybe not. Spoke to one of our IT guys the other day about a computer I was using that kept rebooting, etc. Told him I had this problem with others, and thought they had Sasser. He confirmed it, said they can't seem to get rid of it ( been trying for over two months ). Seems he spends his day going to infected computers and re-ghosting them ( with original images ). That's it, their entire strategy. They can't seem to figure out why it keeps coming back! ( blaming it on something to do with the ISP, but couldn't follow him on that one ).
    Is it possible the image is infected?!
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

Dead Man Walking
    /me hands IKnowNot a sledge hammer.... you know what to do.

On a slightly more serious note did you atleast explain to the IT guy why it was happening?

Antionline Herpetologist
    Niiiiiiiice.

I called up my contact down at the Pentagon and trust me, this will be handled swiftly.

Sometimes I wonder how the hell a missle hasn't been launched through the stupidity of people like this.
    As of now, the IP fails to resolve for me. Looks like it's been fixed.

Cheers,
    cgkanchi
    Buy the Snakes of India book, support research and education (sorry the website has been discontinued)
    My blog: http://biology000.blogspot.com

Dead Man Walking
    Take a look at this link cgkanchi

http://samspade.org/t/ipwhois?a=215.176.125.70

Master-Jedi-Pimps0r & Moderator thehorse13's Avatar
    As of now, the IP fails to resolve for me. Looks like it's been fixed.
    Yep.

I told ya it would be dealt with quickly.
    Our scars have the power to remind us that our past was real. -- Hannibal Lecter.
    Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful. -- John Wooden

I told ya it would be dealt with quickly.
    Just proves Horsy ain't no nag.
    Is it possible the image is infected?!
    Could be, but they have several for each different type and model of machine
    ... did you atleast explain to the IT guy why it was happening?
    Tried, but that's when he started to explain it was the ISP's fault.
    " And maddest of all, to see life as it is and not as it should be" --Miguel Cervantes

LOL, the thread has died down now on the SUSE lists, and from what I understand one reason is because he was promoted to head window cleaner..... at the unemployment office