Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Creating an Intermediate game team

Thumbs up Thanks for the input

This was my idea! I am an intermediate programmer who is still in college for programming and I am trying to find a team who will stick with a project and will not quite. My idea was of an Futuristic RPG game but I am up for ideas when the group is formed.

Reason being if we all decide as a collective then chances are people will not get bored in the project. Just to let you know this is not the first programming group I have formed and It sucks when you get started and everyone just stops in the middle of a project leaving you hanging.

I got lots of ideas and some strong and great ideas but without a group that is commited to learning and having fun what good are they?

It seems most people know or are familiar with C++ so if you need help hit me up and right now the first step is finding commited people. THANKS!!!
    Computers are worlds for exploration!!!

Ninja Code Monkey
    If you are not familiar with game development or strong with c++ in the related areas I strongly recommend checking out - http://www.rudyrucker.com/computergames/

It is an excellent book that teaches topics beyond c++ such as design patterns. He also provides a game engine/framework that you can tinker with and learn from.
    "When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes." - Erasmus
    "There is no programming language, no matter how structured, that will prevent programmers from writing bad programs." - L. Flon
    "Mischief my ass, you are an unethical moron." - chsh
    Blog of X

Post Great

Great thanks alot for that tip I will check it out. I have made simple games before like tic tac toe, hangman, and Yahtzee but never an RPG.
    Computers are worlds for exploration!!!

Ninja Code Monkey
    I'll whip up a list of books to check out later on various topics that you'll need to know.
    "When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes." - Erasmus
    "There is no programming language, no matter how structured, that will prevent programmers from writing bad programs." - L. Flon
    "Mischief my ass, you are an unethical moron." - chsh
    Blog of X

Hey, basically i would love to help you guys but i have no c++ knoledge
    i have very good skills at learning something that i really want.
    If you give me a chance i would i can learn c++ (with your help) and help you on the game project...

Just asking