Thread: SCSI to IDE

SCSI to IDE

Alright, our server went down and it has a SCSI Drive, but we don't have any of those laying around and we don't have the money in budget for it. So, decided to put an IDE Hard-Drive in there but "Hard-Drive" isn't being recgonized, any suggestions?

I thought I had the switches right and set to correct setting, plus- I thought it was the IDE Cable so I changed it but still nothing. Hard-Drive is spinning so I'm pretty sure it's working, got any suggestions?

Extra-Detail:

It's a "Dell-Power Edge 1300" (Server), The new hard-drive is a "IBM Deskstar" which is a not working with this damn thing.

How annoying...

Hi, on bootup, go into setup and tell us what devices your system is recognising.

Are you sure that the MoBo supports IDE HDDs?.

I don't do SCSI much but I have an old server, there is this sort of blank-off device that you have to put at the end of the cable or it won't work.....................it is a veeeeeeeeeeeeeery old box though

Just a few thoughts...............

This is an old box also, its recgonizing the ide cd-rom but not the hard-drive. Keeps saying that the hard drive isn't found.

Well, I just checked the parts list..................the hard drives are 18Gb or 36Gb................that is SCSI, so I guess that the MoBo will not support an IDE HDD. You better check that the HDD jumper is set to master and at the end of the cable (IDE). I would try it without the CD/DVD first.

Good luck.

I got it to work-

By making the HDD the master on the IDE cable?