Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need Help Please

Need Help Please

Can someone please help me find the location for a ip addy, as this person is coming in and messing up my site with nasty postings.

Would really love some help please

Banned
    if it's static... block it in your firewall
    if it's dynamic... depending on the level of abuse... if it's somthing crazy, contact the ISP (unless he's using proxy)

otherwise take it like a man since you won't be able to locate hi/her just by IP alone w/out help of the ISP... or at least it's too much trouble/work

Hi Unhappy and thanks for the fast reply.

I have this guys e mail addy and such, but I just need to find out where he is posting from, then I will ban him from my site.

Each time he comes on site, he has a diffrent ip.

I'm sure there is a away of pinpionting the area but being a thicko I don't know how too

Hmmmmm,
    #
    #

James, old chap...........

Scouser detector registers full scale deflection

At the top you will see some purple tags.................there is one for PM (private messages)

Banned
    maybe i have missunderstood you ... i thought you want physical location of the poster

but if you just want to ban him ... and if he has dynamic IP then set up some kind of authentication
    username/password... and just ban him based on that

Unhappy.

No no, I don't want to ban "yet" I'm trying to find a way of finding what area he lives in.

Banned
    it may seem as a useless question ... but what exactly are you going to acomplish ... ?
    kick his ass ... put a brick in a car window.... hehe

Well can anyone help me with this problem please

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    Can someone please help me find the location for a ip addy, as this person is coming in and messing up my site with nasty postings.
    The only way to to do this is to contact the ISP of the IP address that is doing the "nasty postings" and see if they will give it to you. It's unlikely, however, because of various privacy laws and issues. So unless you can get the police involved and they can get a warrant, the best option is just to ban the IP address every time or send complaints to his/her ISP (they may revoke his/her access).
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

the best thing to do here is just to move on and forget about it. Just like unhappy said, you can keep banning the ip address since it seems like it is a dymanic addy. if you have a password proteted site then you could just revoke his prividlages.
    Davide Coon