Avalon Technology Preview for Public

Thread: Avalon Technology Preview for Public

AO French Antique News Whore

Avalon Technology Preview for Public

Here! The News Whore hit AO again! Microsoft has release a public preview of Avalon, the next windows GUI. The preview also includes the WinFX SDK to develop Avalon ready application. It a good 262MG download so get those modems surfing!

"Avalon" is the code name for Microsoft's unified presentation subsystem for Windows. It consists of a display engine and a managed-code framework. "Avalon" unifies how Windows creates, displays, and manipulates documents, media, and user interface. This enables developers and designers to create visually-stunning, differentiated user experiences that improve customer connection. When it ships, scheduled for 2006, "Avalon" will be available on Windows XP, Windows Server 2003 and all future releases of the Windows operating system. When delivered, "Avalon" will become Microsoft's strategic user interface (UI) technology. The "Avalon" Community Technology Preview (CTP) became available to the MSDN members in November of 2004. It is our pleasure to release the same build to the general public in response to numerous requests.
    Source and Download : http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en
    -Simon \"SDK\"

Jesus Christ, a 10 minute download ? I dont have all day

Will report back if i like it or not !

It a good 262MG
    whats MG ? Mega Gay ?

um yeah, the setup pretty much froze my whole system,...
    StreetsCrack.com Join The Best Music Social Network Online. Music downloads, promotions, forums, profile, games etc...

MG
    Perhaps Mega-Googleflops

sort of like 10 to the power of 6 multiplied by 10 to the 12th power... a bloody big number and what we would expect with MS software.. this one is slightly bloated piece of gear..
    "Consumer technology now exceeds the average persons ability to comprehend how to use it..give up hope of them being able to understand how it works." - Me http://www.cybercrypt.co.nr

AO French Antique News Whore
    Look how close are the letter G and B on your keyboard! (At least on a qwerty keyboard). You'll understand why I wrote MG instead of MB.
    -Simon \"SDK\"

We're just messing with you, but seriously, did anyone succeed at installing this thing, my computer freezes, i tried 2 times.
    StreetsCrack.com Join The Best Music Social Network Online. Music downloads, promotions, forums, profile, games etc...