Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Love Bomb

AntiOnline n00b

Red face Love Bomb

Hi,

Found this Quite Interesting

US military pondered love not war

The US military investigated building a "gay bomb", which would make enemy soldiers "sexually irresistible" to each other, government papers say.

Other weapons that never saw the light of day include one to make soldiers obvious by their bad breath.

The US defence department considered various non-lethal chemicals meant to disrupt enemy discipline and morale.

The 1994 plans were for a six-year project costing $7.5m, but they were never pursued.

The US Air Force Wright Laboratory in Dayton, Ohio, sought Pentagon funding for research into what it called "harassing, annoying and 'bad guy'-identifying chemicals".

The plans were obtained under the US Freedom of Information by the Sunshine Project, a group which monitors research into chemical and biological weapons.

'Who? Me?'

The plan for a so-called "love bomb" envisaged an aphrodisiac chemical that would provoke widespread homosexual behaviour among troops, causing what the military called a "distasteful but completely non-lethal" blow to morale.

Scientists also reportedly considered a "sting me/attack me" chemical weapon to attract swarms of enraged wasps or angry rats towards enemy troops.

A substance to make the skin unbearably sensitive to sunlight was also pondered.

Another idea was to develop a chemical causing "severe and lasting halitosis", so that enemy forces would be obvious even when they tried to blend in with civilians.

In a variation on that idea, researchers pondered a "Who? Me?" bomb, which would simulate flatulence in enemy ranks.

Indeed, a "Who? Me?" device had been under consideration since 1945, the government papers say.

However, researchers concluded that the premise for such a device was fatally flawed because "people in many areas of the world do not find faecal odour offensive, since they smell it on a regular basis".

Captain Dan McSweeney of the Joint Non-Lethal Weapons Directorate at the Pentagon said the defence department receives "literally hundreds" of project ideas, but that "none of the systems described in that [1994] proposal have been developed".

He told the BBC: "It's important to point out that only those proposals which are deemed appropriate, based on stringent human effects, legal, and international treaty reviews are considered fordevelopment or acquisition."

Source
    ................If you can't beat em ......make em hormy..........

--Good Luck--

Regal Making Handler
    Hay,
    I watched a program on TV a while ago where a General believed if he tried hard enough he could walk through a wall. They also had some idiots who thought they could kill goats by stairing at them.
    What happens if a big asteroid hits the Earth? Judging from realistic simulations involving a sledge hammer and a common laboratory frog, we can assume it will be pretty bad. - Dave Barry

This reminds me of this girl in my world religion's (aka mickey mouse [class average = 90%]) class, who basicly said we can solve all the problems in the world with smiles... ugh.
    Hi.

considering homosexuality is a crime punishable by death to them this love bomb would have them kill more of our enemy than we can. unfortunately it's still chemical warfare and a big no no.

i can hear the jokes now if it were to be used:

How do they separate the men from the boys in the iraqi resistance?

with a crow bar
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

It's just too bad that this is in the Sun too. Because now it seems all so... not funny.
    Hi.

they need to figure out how to master the brown noise

i aint shootin people with **** in my pants. mix that with the gay bomb, and WOAH, <no comment>
    http://sfx-images.mozilla.org/affili...88x31/take.gif
    If You\'ve Done Something Right. People Wont Know You\'ve Done Anything At All - God (futurama)

I thought the newsheads were joking about this!

Here we have chemical agents that will basically eat through gas masks and liquify your face, then they are looking at something like this.

And we still don't have a 'cure' for the common cold.

I wonder what color the bomb is?
    \"An ant may well destroy a whole dam.\" - Chinese Proverb
    \"Not only can water float a craft, it can sink it also.\" - Chinese Proverb

http://www.AntiOnline.com/sig.php?imageid=764

It's proably rainbow.

As I said though, this article is from the Sun... we all know what that is... rite?
    Hi.

They call me the Hunted foxyloxley's Avatar
    They also had some idiots who thought they could kill goats by stairing at them.
    My mate could kill by staring at people ........................

Mind you he was a sniper........................
    so now I'm in my SIXTIES FFS
    WTAF, how did that happen, so no more alterations to the sig, it will remain as is now

Beware of Geeks bearing GIF's
    come and waste the day :P at The Taz Zone

Regal Making Handler
    My mate could kill by staring at people ........................

Mind you he was a sniper...
    Not impressed, unless of course he could will the shot off, without actualy pulling the trigger.

Mind over matter is a very powerfull thing.......................I don't mind and you don't matter
    What happens if a big asteroid hits the Earth? Judging from realistic simulations involving a sledge hammer and a common laboratory frog, we can assume it will be pretty bad. - Dave Barry