As the title says, I found those 2 trojans a while back on my machine and expected to have them removed by ways of different anti-virus/trojan removal software.

I usually use trend micro online for virus scanning, Lavasoft Ad-Aware SE for spyware and recently acquired NoAdware for trojan removal.

My OS is an XP Pro machine without SP1 or 2 installed (the SP's killed my system previously, so I decided to do without them).

To be honest I havent seen any side effects to these 2 trojans previously mentioned, except for the fact that one of them replicates constantly (beep balm pure) even after taking it out of the bootup (msconfig) process and deleting it manually from the Application Data it still manages to magically re-appear (I have done no manual registry editing because I'm not too confident about touching that).

The second trojan I mentioned cannot be removed by force (delete) or cleaned by any of the previously mentioned tools. Deleting it from command prompt/windows only gives me access denied (at admin level). I checked permissions to the file itself to see if admin was magically left out of the loop but no, it does indeed have full control over the file as well as System having full control. I have a feeling this is more of an "ex trojan's" remains that just wont leave the system, at the same time I could be wrong.

On a side note (it may be related to those 2) for some time now I have been having with my connection properties (DSL connection). Basically, it vanishes from the face of my computer. The only way I know I can connect to my ISP is by making a desktop shortcut to my "non-existing" connection. When I say non-existing I mean every word, it does not appear in the "connect to" option in the start menu, or in my "network connections" for the control panel. If I try re-creating the connection, the name "already exists" and trying to give it a different name will show the connection in the "network connections" for a little over 1 minute at which point it completely vanishes once more. If I look in my icon tray, the only connection icons I have is the wireless pcmcia, nothing else shows (when I am connected through the dsl connection). The only way I have of physically seeing the connections would be through IE at the connections option.

Any thoughts, help on this matter would be greatly appreciated (I made a zip file containing both the beep balm pure trojan as well as the first ref one which is available upon request).

P.S.: don't mind grammar, spelling mistakes, it is 3am and I really cant be bothered to re-read what I just said :P