Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: remote access to a computers files

He was talking one day about how he has password protected his files. I told hi that it was a waste of time and that I could break it. He then went on to tell me about his password file and that he read in a book about this. So I told him send it to me and I would open it. So he sent me a file that he said had two passwords on it and that I would never be able to get in. So I checked the file out he used a open file encryption built into word then he put just a regular password on the file when you try to open it. So I got on the web and bought two programs Advanced Office password Breaker and advanced office password recovery. Breaker fixed the open file and the recovery fixed the regular password. He has no reason to suspect that I will try to get to his excel file he probably dosn't even remember telling me about it.

AO Ancient: Team Leader
    This has turned into a mighty long thread for you to be playing a practical joke on your buddy.... SP1 on WinXP home or Pro has no simple way to gain access to the C$ share without rights on the target machine.... Could it be done... Most likely... The silly thing is that when you have spent all this time and effort accomplishing it and telling him about it... He simply will not understand the effort and skill required.... In short, your 1337ness will be wasted.....

So, what about those Colts.....
    Don\'t SYN us.... We\'ll SYN you.....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides

Originally posted here by |3lack|ce
    Ok, I'll submit a reply, and I have an answer to your question. You are CIO. This means you obviously have the skills to CLOSE THE HOLE IN YOUR NETWORK. We aren't about playing games or giving out hack information to people who haven't proven themselves here by longevity, a decent knowledge of systems, and a willingness to help others. Go play your Sunday games, but don't expect any help from us.

Oh yah - enjoy the reds.
    A CIO of even a small company would know how to spell ADVICE. I have to go along with the 15 year old zit thing...

This is not the place for kids looking for spoitz... go somewhere else.
    Luck--TSM
    Atlanta, GA

????

i have a question ,

why is thread still open ???

the beign of authority kurt_der_koenig's Avatar

I have it

/me found some 3L33T hax0r cr4ck:

remote accessing another computer

Someone asked about something like this before: you should of searched for it on AO

********** |ceWriterguy
    A CIO of even a small company would know how to spell ADVICE. I have to go along with the 15 year old zit thing...
    Exactly my point. Read it again with your sarcasm filter off.
    Even a broken watch is correct twice a day.

Which coder said that nobody could outcode Microsoft in their own OS? Write a bit and make a fortune!

Let me just get this straight.
    You are at work on your domain. The machine that you want to connect to is a home machine on a home network. If that is the case then trying to remotely connect from where you are would more than likely be blocked by your works firewall. Granted you could bypass the firewall if you really tried.
    J O S H

[quote]Let me just get this straight. You are at work on your domain. The machine that you want to connect to is a home machine on a home network. If that is the case then trying to remotely connect from where you are would more than likely be blocked by your works firewall. Granted you could bypass the firewall if you really tried.[quote]

Pay attention...... The client is "hard wired" to his corporate network..... I dunno how many times he explained that....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides

Ninja Code Monkey
    I don't understand a couple of things, how can you have a bet but he doesn't expect you? How can you be dumb enough to be the CIO of a company (even a small one) and still put your company at risk legally by playing stupid kiddie games through your own network?

For all you or anyone else knows, he could set you up. You hack him and he may come back with the law and logs.
    "When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes." - Erasmus
    "There is no programming language, no matter how structured, that will prevent programmers from writing bad programs." - L. Flon
    "Mischief my ass, you are an unethical moron." - chsh
    Blog of X

For all you or anyone else knows, he could set you up. You hack him and he may come back with the law and logs.
    Yeah... Interesting legal point.... It is his home computer isn't it?