Thread: Pretty damn slow AO browsing

Pretty damn slow AO browsing

I don't think this is just me but Anti Online seems to be pretty damn slow today. Earlier I thought one of my routers had gone down here at home because AntiOnline took 46 seconds to load a refresh. So I tried www.slackware.com. That took 0.9 seconds to completely load.

Google seems to be going slow as **** too so I tried again. I reset one of my routers and then went on to load up Yahoo, which took about ... Well a few seconds. Nothing really. So then I load up AO again and boom, crawling and multiple windows saying antionline.com can't be found and even a few for google.

No other site is having this problem although comcast.net was slow for a bit too, but I've looked over a lot of things and can't find a reason yet. I'm getting ready to look at the logs on my other router but so far it's only AO which is taking this much time.

The whole AO page seems to be lagging and there are hardly any posts today. Jupiter, well, I'm not sure if you guys work weekends but I know a few admins do come here on their days off, what's up?

Hi Gore,

Yes, and I was getting errors like timeout trying to open the advertising server.

I wonder if that stupid spider/bot that seems to have been running on the site for about 4 days now has anything to do with it.

Hey if you log in as a guest, you cannot check members' profiles, add people to buddy lists, report posts etc.?

You might like to go to "users online now" and check what the guests are supposed to be doing. I know MsM has said that that feature doesn't work too well, but I have not seen the like before.

Just a thought

There is a bot running? What the hell?

Looked at the logs on my other router, everything is fine although D-Link has a problem too loading. The weird things is I booted up XP on my laptop, which generally is only done so I can play Doom, but Everything is loading fine.... Makes me wonder. I just emailed Dlink and told them to check the ****ing FTP server as it won't load the FTP. Heh, I'm sure I'll have a lovely working relationship with them.

I have no problem browsing AO

OK....

It bothers me to see I've spent the last 5 hours doing this. Both routers went down. I just got done having to redo my whole ****ing network. NOT something I enjoyed at all.

I have a firmware upgrade go to **** and so I had to hit the factory restore settings button... It just got worse. I'd follow the instructions to the letter in the manual, and as soon as the router rebooted, BAM no network. I had connection BEFORE the reboot, but after, nothing. It took me 5 tries and working out where the manual was wrong, and multiple ****ing restores later I finally said go to hell with the manual wondering how I did it the first time, so I did it my way. Now I'm not looking forward to this..... Those restore to factory settings probably took every firmware upgrade I've ever done and I'm scared shitless too touch them again.

5 hours..... OK so I was watching 8 MM and some other movies ni between but it still took way to long. After a while I had run the wizard for setting this thing up, and nothing would work after the reboot, and after hitting the damned restore key it somehow KEPT the password from an adventure before for some reason... So I just reconfigured a few things said **** setupwizard and got everything back online.

I probably should start looking into a new router from the sounds of it.... I have no idea why this happened and no clue why rebooting it ****ed it up. My router use and know how is limited in that I've only used a few home routers and only one "big one" so I was kind of stuck.

Anyone ever have a D-Link take a **** on your head while you're upgrading firmware for some reaosn and then every reboot on the router makes it stop allowing you to have network?

Whenever I would run the set up wizard, bam, nothing.

I use the D-Link DI-514 and have never had that kind of problem with it.

I have upgraded the firmware twice on it (once needed, and once just because I am a dumbazz). Both times every thing has worked fine, except that both times I had to reset my wep and mac filters).

There are two different firmware up grades for this router, and its not exactly a gimmie as to which one to use. Perhaps yours is the same and you grabbed the wrong upgrade ( although that sounds like a mistake I would make, not you).
    \"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!\"
    Author Unknown

Blast From the Past
    my friends house has a dlink router....not too sure on the model no. but his dad fought with it for a good month before he got it to work right....this was a few months ago and i have no memory span so i cant tell you waht his router was doing

maybe dlink has a corrupt firmware download...ive had that happen with my belkin a few times

id say...just buy a cisco....from what i understand cisco is a networking specilized company....so there product should be alittle more trustworthy

dlink makes alot of computer parts....there like microsoft...spread there work too thin with workers who dont care and you get a shitty product

ok now im rambling...too early in the morning
    work it harder, make it better, do it faster, makes us stronger

On the site you click on Which Router, so I didn D-Link DI 604. Then you go to the enxt one and click on the picture of the one for "E" and download it, so I know it was the right one. I started messing with it after all this and read a little more into it.... The documentation isn't very good but anwyay, I have my LAN back. Maybe if i can fit one of the big ass 3com routers at my school in my backpack....