Suse/Windows Wireless Problem

Thread: Suse/Windows Wireless Problem

Suse/Windows Wireless Problem

I run SuSE 9.0 and i want to use my wireless internet from it.. I have my computer dual booted with windows XP.. and when i boot my linux up it pauses for a second but it says it loads the drivers for my usb reciever. yet it shows nothing in the actual gui. any idea's?

lan-express ieee 802.11 usb adapter
    SuSE 9.0
    Windows XP
    StreetsCrack.com Join The Best Music Social Network Online. Music downloads, promotions, forums, profile, games etc...

AO Senior Cow-beller
    IIRC redhat and fedora have a separate gui for wlan interfaces. Does ifconfig give you any helpful info?
    "Data is not necessarily information. Information does not necessarily lead to knowledge. And knowledge is not always sufficient to discover truth and breed wisdom." --Spaf
    Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made president should on no account be allowed to do the job. --Douglas Adams (1952-2001)
    "...people find it far easier to forgive others for being wrong than being right." - Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore

Nope doesn't give me anything, it wont even detect my reciever as being there.
    StreetsCrack.com Join The Best Music Social Network Online. Music downloads, promotions, forums, profile, games etc...

AO Senior Cow-beller
    http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/f...hreadId=701446

To quote that thread... "you are in deep doo doo with that card." Sorry
    "Data is not necessarily information. Information does not necessarily lead to knowledge. And knowledge is not always sufficient to discover truth and breed wisdom." --Spaf
    Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made president should on no account be allowed to do the job. --Douglas Adams (1952-2001)
    "...people find it far easier to forgive others for being wrong than being right." - Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore

T̙͓̞̣̯ͦͭͅͅȂͧͭͧ̏̈͏̖̖Z̿ ͆̎̄
    Copyright...as you know I'm not the one to be solving comp problems but I hope one of these helps...

vowe dot net :: Fixing my SUSE wireless LAN problem
    Fixing my SUSE wireless LAN problem by Volker Weber ... My other sites. I also have a
    few other web sites that don't fit into this format: vowe's choice Photo ...
    vowe.net/archives/004352.html - 18k - Cached - Similar pages

Linux Online - Category: SuSE
    ... otherwise only be found by hunting through multiple documents on the internet. ... The
    CD-ROMs contain SuSE wireless and networking tools, demo software, and more. ...
    www.linux.org/books/dist/suse.html - Similar pages

Amazon.com: Books: The SuSE Linux Network (With CD-ROM)
    Web Search: book Information. Explore this item. buying info. customer reviews. ... The
    CD-ROMs contain SuSE wireless and networking tools, demo software, and more. ...
    www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0764547585/ - 70k - Cached - Similar pages

LinuxQuestions.org time based Linux archive
    ... SuSE Wireless / Centrino will 9.2 fix my problems SuSE 8.2 and KMail/GnuPG SuSE
    Control Center - Yast ... (Please...) 64 bit install problems - internet Help me ...
    http://www.linuxquestions.org/questi...e/60/2004/10/3 - 17k - Cached - Similar pages

Linux-Community - [SuSE 9.1] Routing-Problem bzgl. Routing ins ... - [ Translate this page ]
    ... 0.0 UG 0 0 0 eth0 Soweit so gut, nur ins Internet bringt mich ... 4 Bewertungen (0 % =
    sehr schlecht, 100% = sehr gut) Funk, Netzwerk, Suse, Wireless: nahe verwandt ...
    www.linux-community.de/Neues/story?storyid=15390 - 16k - 19 Jan 2005 - Cached - Similar pages

Linux-Community - Wireless unter SuSE 9.2 Leidensweg: die Zweite - [ Translate this page ]
    ... 58% bei 7 Bewertungen (0 % = sehr schlecht, 100% = sehr gut) Netzwerk, Suse, Wireless:
    nahe verwandt ... Ins Internet und ins Heim-Netzwerk komme ich trotzdem. ...
    www.linux-community.de/Neues/story?storyid=15448 - 18k - 19 Jan 2005 - Cached - Similar pages
    [ More results from www.linux-community.de ]

LINUX Books - Networking & System Administration
    ... From hardware and protocol basics to e-mail, intranets, Internet access, security ...
    The CD-ROMs contain SuSE wireless and networking tools, demo software, and more ...
    www.linuxbasis.com/books/netc.html - 17k - Cached - Similar pages

SuSE Linux english discussion: RE: [SLE] wireless pcmcia cards
    ... I recently set up a wireless router with my internet > > connection, and bought
    a ... 1. The SuSE wireless article indicates that most prism2 cards will work with ...
    lists.suse.com/archive/suse-linux-e/2002-Dec/2868.html - 10k - Cached - Similar pages

The SuSE Linux Network
    ... and share files and printing*Link your intranet to the Internet*Secure your ... Linux
    7.0 Evaluation Version on 2 CD-ROMs*Includes SuSE wireless networking tools ...
    http://www.bookworkz.com/education/s...764547585.html - 17k - Cached - Similar pages

Novell & SUSE make the news big time, pt. 1: SUSE Pro 9.2 - The ...
    ... Pro 9.2. He points out one thing Ive found to be true for SUSE: wireless
    support, especially for Centrino, just works. Thats ...
    opensource.weblogsinc.com/entry/1234000733020774/ - 31k - Cached - Similar pages

Banned
    you may have to enable compile supprot is the kernal.

i don;t know it suse kernel hahs usb netwrok suppot by default. it might be offf.

dudee....... i leavin tonigh.

dudee....... i leavin tonigh.
    Good luck with everything dude.

and thanks Egaladeist, will check them out.

T̙͓̞̣̯ͦͭͅͅȂͧͭͧ̏̈͏̖̖Z̿ ͆̎̄
    You're more than welcome, CopyRight...try to help where I can !