Thread: MLK Site being hosted by Stormfront?

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar

MLK Site being hosted by Stormfront?

Ok. I'm not an American but I know that today is MLK day and it's somewhat of a controversial day for some (I don't want to necessarily get into that). I was looking for a site that would talk about MLK so I could post it on my blog and was rather surprised to find one -- containing MLK's name -- being run/hosted by Stormfront!! (For those unaware, it's a neo-Nazi group, which does have the occassional violent moment, IIRC).

Perhaps it's me but wouldn't that be rather misleading?? I'm hesitant about posting the site since I really don't want them to get traffic but was curious as to what others thought.

Doing a little further checking there isn't really anyone I can complain to about it since Stormfront itself runs the servers that do the hosting (rather than a 3rd party from what I can tell)
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

ms mittens...check out Morehouse College in Atlanta it's where MLK went...and especially the AKA and APA sites ( APA being MLK's fraternity and AKA being the sister sorority ) you should find what you're looking for !

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    Thanks for the input. I'll do some searches for that info and add anything relevant to my blog.
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

OMG MsMittens. That is just hilarious and extremely appaling all at the same time! Whodathunk? Eh?

By the way, nice little site you got there. Although ,I think you kind of missed the point on this one.
    It is one of the reasons why I'm glad I live in Canada rather than the US. Free speech is great but when it potentially puts others at harm it isn't free speech. It's inciting an untruth. And as the saying goes, if you tell a lie often enough, people will believe it.

*sigh*

Well, they have their opinion. And I'm entitled to mine. Ultimately, this is about, IMO, understanding each other and just being "down right neighbourly". So helping others out when they need it and saying thanks when others help out without being asked.
    America is founded on freedom of speech and the ability to voice and discuss differing opinions, whether we agree with them or not. Yes sometimes very bad things are voiced, but at least there is no question about that individuals position on a subject. We have to take the good with the bad in order to have freedom here in America. Luckily, most of us have enough sense not to get too radical.

One other thing MLK day is more that being considerate of others. It's more about being willing to be persecuted and possibly even killed in support of your right speak freely about your beliefs. It's about standing up for what you know to be true. One point about MLK that I have yet to understand, is that MLK was a devout Christian as is evident in many of his speechs. Why do we not hear from the Democrats here in America about how evil MLK day is because MLK often quoted the bible? Shouldn't celebrating this MLK day be an issue of separation of Church and State for the left? Oh well just a thought.
    The mentally handicaped are persecuted in this great country, and I say rightfully so! These people are NUTS!!!!

MLK day is not controversial. Sure some groups, probably even in Canada and Europe will operate outside of what is main stream and normal. But that doesn't guide the rest of us. MLK was an amazing man. Who can fault him, he used peace and intelligence wherever he went. Sometimes freedom comes at a price but the overall affect of that risk is minimal compared to its good. By a "price" I mean in this case there was enough freedom that a man was able to get close enough to MURDER Dr. King, even at a gret consequence to his action this man had enough hate to take his life in cold blood. That is not America. Dr. King and his legacy is. Perhaps Bono said it best: "Pride (In the Name of Love.) Not many people know that is about Dr. King. The views of a young Irishman:

One man come in the name of love
    One man come and go
    One man come, he to justify
    One man to overthrow

In the name of love
    What more in the name of love
    In the name of love

One man caught on a barbed wire fence
    One man he resist
    One man washed on an empty beach.
    One man betrayed with a kiss

In the name of love
    In the name of love

(nobody like you...)

Early morning, April 4
    Shot rings out in the Memphis sky
    Free at last, they took your life
    They could not take your pride

In the name of love
    In the name of love
    In the name of love
    What more in the name of love...

//EDIT Of course NeoNazi and Skin Head sites are going to have something to say about him. And all Africans, and Jews, probably Canadians and French as well. Even on the other side, some think he was a wimp for not adapting ideals along the ideals of The Black Panters or Malcom X.
    West of House
    You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
    There is a small mailbox here.