Thread: absentee ballots

absentee ballots

I think elections in iraq are a good thing but this is bullshit.

Eligible voters can be American citizens, but must be 18 or older, have been born in Iraq, hold citizenship or prove that their father was Iraqi.

Link
    we do not allow non-citizens to vote in our own presidential elections let alone the children of those who were once citizens! Sure doesn’t add credibility to the whole process.

On another note it might be a good idea to send absentee ballots to those already registered to vote in iraq. You bet your ass if we had a serious terrorist threat we would close the polls in the US. I know we’ve had threats but nothing as serious as those in iraq
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

I think the U.S. is trying to create a similiar structure as they have in Israel where Jewish people from anywhere can vote on issues in Israel.
    It's probably more familiar to them than the U.S. democratic process.

I don't think the objective is to imitate the American process...but a more middle east/Israeli process...but I could be wrong.

Good for the iraqi's.

This vote may not be accurate, but atleast its a start.

Although, the article does not mention any information about who 'setup' the rules for voting. Perhaps it was agreed, rather than forced.

Anyway, Saddam "who's insane" didnt even allow them to vote. Rather a skewed vote then a 0 vote.
    http://sfx-images.mozilla.org/affili...88x31/take.gif
    If You\'ve Done Something Right. People Wont Know You\'ve Done Anything At All - God (futurama)

thanks for that info Egaladeist! i didn't know that and it makes sense.
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

You're welcome, Tedob 1 ! I try to help where I can.

we do not allow non-citizens to vote in our own presidential elections let alone the children of those who were once citizens!
    Many countries allow dual citizenship. That is you don't have to give up your old citezenship if you become a citizen of another country. It's not abnormal, and I think it's great. These people fled Iraq in many cases. They want to vote, and if their government lets them, so be it.
    West of House
    You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
    There is a small mailbox here.

Regal Making Handler
    Got to remember alot of people were exiled during Sodam Insanes time. Or fled the country due to pursicution. They should have the right to partisipate in how there country turns out. I doubt that many would want to return untill there was a level of stability and safety but surely they should be able to vote for who they think may pring those conditions about.
    What happens if a big asteroid hits the Earth? Judging from realistic simulations involving a sledge hammer and a common laboratory frog, we can assume it will be pretty bad. - Dave Barry