Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: m$ BSOD *** STOP errors

This time it didn't BSOD on the disk manager. It actually was running smooth.

Then I tried to update all the drivers (windows update) and it crapped out on a driver install. I beleive that it crapped out when trying to update the driver for the onboard lan. I just disabled that since I have other NIC that I put in there.

It only BSOD'd on me the one time since a fresh install... and not since I disabled the onboard lan.

Hopefully that was the problem. I've been reconfiguring it and its been running smoothly.

I have some diagnostics software (PC Doctor) that I'm going to bring home and run on it tonight.

Can anyone recommend any other diagnositcs software that may be helpful in this situation?
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.

AO Ancient: Team Leader
    Ah... I have had several problems with Win2K server when you update the NIC drivers to the latest and greatest the manufacturer has to offer..... I don't do them any more unless the current version is causing a problem. Get rid of the new driver, put the old one back and see what happens.
    Don\'t SYN us.... We\'ll SYN you.....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides

phis, you got a really crap Mobo. PCChips uses to be the worst mobo in the world. But, for your usage (a server) maybe we can fix it

1) PCCHIPS m811 - do you have the lastest bios? If you have a m811lu, your bios version should be 3.1. Here is a link for d/l. http://www.pcchipsusa.com/download-mainframe.asp I hope that you know how to upgrade a BIOS safely. On that site, there is lan driver dated 2004/10/14 -- you have mencioned that BSOD is related to onboard lan

2) This board uses a kt266a chip and you are using a nvidia graphic card. There is some issues about that combination, that may cause a problem named "infinite loop" and random reboots. But since you are using for a server (not a graphic intensive process) i dont think that you will get this problem.

3) run a memtest on your machine to see if you have any RAM problem.

4) Run e superpi and some performance comparision software to see if you have other problems

5) i couldnt find some screen shots of bios, but are you sure that your bios parameters are compatible with your hardware (as memory/cpu clock, cas/ras parms, dma, etc)
    Meu sítio

FORMAT C: Yes ...Yes??? ...Nooooo!!! ^C ^C ^C ^C ^C
    If I die before I sleep, I pray the Lord my soul to encrypt.
    If I die before I wake, I pray the Lord my soul to brake.

you got a really crap Mobo
    I know... But I get what I pay for. $0

I tried updating the BIOS, but it tells me that the image does not match my hardware.
    They only have one file availble for download. Its the m811811.bin file. It simply won't load it.

This board uses a kt266a chip and you are using a nvidia graphic card. There is some issues about that combination, that may cause a problem named "infinite loop" and random reboots. But since you are using for a server (not a graphic intensive process) i dont think that you will get this problem.
    I have an 64mb ATI card I can throw in there just in case.

run a memtest on your machine to see if you have any RAM problem.
    Done with memtest86, no errors.

Run e superpi and some performance comparision software to see if you have other problems
    Will do!
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.