Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Never Seen Before Deep Sea Fish!

() \/V |\| 3 |) |3\/ |\|3G47|\/3

Never Seen Before Deep Sea Fish!

Here is a link to some photos of fish...some that have never before been seen...that washed up after the earthquake / tsunami. The site is in Russian....that's not important - just look at the pictures! I don't care in the least about fish...but this is some interesting stuff!

Here is the link...pictures start on second post.

Go Finland!
    Deviant Gallery

Very interesting ! Some of them are almost twins of some people I know...now I know where they came from.

Some really seem to be caught in an evolutionary transition...while others just made me want to throw-up my lunch. :s

Go Finland!
    Deviant Gallery

You don't see cuties like those at the pet store. The kids would have nightmares.
    \"You got a mouth like an outboard motor..all the time putt putt putt\" - Foghorn Leghorn

That first fish looks like a deformed Knife Fish. They are fairly common but mainly in Africa, and that one is ugly. I used to have a 2 foot or so clown knife fish in my Piranha tank. The clown knife is VERY pretty.

The next one looks like a..... Weird looking Pike. Had one for a while but not that big.

The next one looks a lot like a large cat fish but the head is very disfigured. But I've seen them eaten by Piranhas.

The next one is straight up gross. But looks like a bald blowfish.

The next one as the text says is a pup.

Skipping a couple down, the black one with the fangs is a little like an Angler fish or "Wolf". Those are found in DEEP sea water where the preassure would almost kill you.

Heh, used to keep very exotic fish as pets. Well, exotic animals in general. Scorpions, Spiders, fish that could actually harm me like the Piranhas I had. I should scan in some pics of my old tank. I had 3 Red Belly Piranhas, a Clown Knife fish, and a Butterfly Fish that ate Crickets. And of course a 17 inch Red Devil which would eat whatever the Piranhas left behind (Fed them mainly fish, but sometimes red bloody beef) The Red Devil was the color of Sherbert Ice Cream and I hand trained it to eat from my hand, allow me to pet it and do tricks. I miss that fish. It got into a fight with my biggest Piranha named Leviathin and was dead very quickly.

The Red Devil, he would eat whatever the other fish were eating, but I mainly fed him HUGE Cichlid Pellets that were made specially. I was friends with a guy who owned a fish store so I got great deals on exotic foods. And golden Piranhas and Black Piranhas were there too so I had access to things like that. The big pellets were fed to my Red Devil which I had named Ice Cream and he would eat crickets too and Gold Fish. Very pretty, hand trained, paid a lot for him.

Here Black Piranhas are 250 dollars PER inch the fish is ong. A 2 inch is 500. Theya re to dangerouse to breed or catch so they are high priced.

The most dangerouse pets I had were spiders, and a "7 step" Scorpion. It was deadly. One hit with his tail and you had about 7 steps you could take before you were on the ground dying. Of course you don't die instantly, but within 7 steps you feel it and don't have much of a chance.

A few years ago I had a chance to get a Cobra but I was short 2,000 dollars of the price It was very pretty. I don't keep these things because I want to seem tough. But living on a planet where these types of things exist, I'd rather know how handle them safely, or at least know how they operate, then being stuck in a rut because I'm hiking and see a Rattle Snake.

Scorpions are one of my favorites of all. Very cool, and from being around them, if I ever see one, I knnow how to handle it safely. Which will come in handy if I have kids who want to go on a trip somewhere, if they see one I don't want them being stung. And face it, mosty people do NOT know how to actually safely remove a Scorpion from an area you're living in on a camp out. I do.

And I had some other rare pets most have probably never seen.

Heh, Gore, (and I mean this in the nicest way) only you could write that much about icky fish and other creepy-crawlies.

Go Finland!
    Deviant Gallery

Scorpions are one of my favorites of all. Very cool, and from being around them, if I ever see one, I knnow how to handle it safely. Which will come in handy if I have kids who want to go on a trip somewhere, if they see one I don't want them being stung. And face it, mosty people do NOT know how to actually safely remove a Scorpion from an area you're living in on a camp out. I do
    I do , You lift your foot up, and you stomp on the little bastard and make sure you drag your foot back while pushing down. A Rock, piece of wood, steel pipe, bitchy ex-girlfriend are just as effective at removing a scorpion from the area .

Cybrid, if I saw you do that to a Scorpion I would probably kick your head off.

Mel, not all of those are icky. If you saw a Clown Knife fish you'd probably agree they are amazing looking. And ared Devil, I'll se if I can find them

Found some:

Mel, this link has a few pictures of Clown Knife Fish:

http://www.aquariumfish.net/catalog_...fish_clown.htm

Scroll down a little and you'll see a picture of one, and down further you can see more, I'll see if I can find the same for a Red.

Ahh found a pic of a Butterfly Fish:

http://fish.orbust.net/africanbutterflyfish.html

It actually stays upside down like that which makes it appear to be a Butterfly on the water's Surface.

This is a Blue Red Devil but I'm still looking for a pic of one like mine. All I could find was this:

http://www.gcca.net/fom/Cichlasoma_citrinellum.htm

This is still not as bright of a color orange as mine was. And this one is ugly and patchy with color. Mine costed a lot but was way more pretty than this one.

This one is closer but still no cigar.

http://www.aquahobby.com/gallery/e_reddevil.php

http://www.aquazoo.co.uk/page.cfm/Type=Fish/ID=260

This is a Black Knife Fish:

http://www.aquariumfish.net/images_0...efish_w270.jpg

OK, the one I said was close to the color of mine? It was similar to that but looked more like Sherbert Ice Cream, his skin / scales, whatever, were really that color which is why I named his Ice Cream. I can't find a pic that looks like mine, I guess it really was a Rare fish... As much as I paid for it it damn well better have been heh. But this one here:

http://www.users.bigpond.com/MSN/mav...mages/Red1.jpg

IIt was shaped like that but the color was Sherbert Ice Cream.

They are very aggressive fish and usually kill or eat whatever they don't like. Mine kicked the **** out of a few of my Piranhas (Legal here in Michigan because they can't survive in the water here, it freezes each winter which would kill them) and my Red Devil was very pretty, and would re-arrange whatever part of the tank it didn't like. I hand fed it and could pet it and everyone who came over loved it to death.

I was sad to see it go. If I bought another tank, I'd buy another Red Devil, but I'm very picky on where I buy from, I don't trust **** hole pet shops, I bought mine from a private dealer. It was 8 inches when I bought it and they get about a foot long. They are kind of like a Dog. You can actually teach them, they have a neat personality and you can pet them if you train them.... But if you don't of course it will rip your fingers off.

Of all these pets I had, I've only been bitten by a hand raised Cockateil (SP?) and a Snapping Turtle.... And once a paper lizard ripped me open. The Piranhas never bit me because unlike most idiots I fed them well, and when I cleaned the tank my arms would be all the way in (Tank was like 3 feet tall) and I would never clean if I had blood on me or a wound.

The reason that fish I showed saying it was similar in shape to mine looks so .... Off color, is because the one in that picture is 13 years old. These fish can stay with you a long time.

Cybrid, if I saw you do that to a Scorpion I would probably kick your head off.
    Cmon gore, you know i'd never use a bitchy ex-girlfriend on the scorpion...that would torture the poor lil scorpie . Steel Pipe instead?