Phila Is Going To Be One Big Hot Spot - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Phila Is Going To Be One Big Hot Spot

Master-Jedi-Pimps0r & Moderator thehorse13's Avatar
    Using the public band isn't the legal issue. It's stomping on small shops that use Wi-Fi gear in their offices. Our monster lightup gear would stomp their signal rendering their computer assets as paper weights.
    Our scars have the power to remind us that our past was real. -- Hannibal Lecter.
    Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful. -- John Wooden

Ah, plus I think you have mentioned you work for the government horse. That always brings issues of frequency problems.
    West of House
    You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
    There is a small mailbox here.

er0k
    Thats a shitty speed anyway, id rather pay for a faster connection.

I noticed something over the last few days. Most of the cafe style restaurants and coffee shops have free wireless now. Even the one's who used to be "T Mobile Hotspots" Well at least here where I live. It is interesting because perhaps eventually every one will have one, just like they don't blink an eye at having credit card card reader, standard install of point of sale systems. The existing one's are off the POS network anyway. Heck I was in the pub the other night and could access a cafe gatway half a block away.
    West of House
    You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
    There is a small mailbox here.

They call me the Hunted foxyloxley's Avatar
    Originally posted here by foxyloxley
    Just out in the UK on the TV as well, so it MUST be true .................

EVIL TWINS.
    A legitimate wireless network sets up.
    Along comes a not so legit set up and they set up their network to match the first / legit one [pay attention at the back] Now customers of the legit can be 'fooled' into logging onto the EVIL TWIN ...............Phishing comes of age

PS: the telly called them 'Hackers' *groan* and their experts [ex = a has been. spurt = a drip under pressure.] showed just how easy it was to do ..........................
    All I needed was the VCR running, and I would have had my very own "How to Hack" movie.
    Don't know an easier way of linking the threads. But felt it was relevant to this one too.
    55 - I'm fiftyfeckinfive and STILL no wiser,
    OLDER yes
    Beware of Geeks bearing GIF's
    come and waste the day :P at The Taz Zone

Banned
    I always thought that Philly was a hot spot because cdkj lived there! Dang, guess that makes it a _real_ hot spot!?!?!

I don't think I want to be one of the contractors on this one. I'm running low on years and headache medicine over here. Lessee 135 square miles -- BTW cdkj, what's the population of Phila now? -- hmmm ...

<calculate - calculate>

Yeah, I don't think the estimated budget is gonna get it done, might have to throw a few more nickles in the bucket.