deleting internet explorer
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: deleting internet explorer

Banned

deleting internet explorer

How can i complete delete internet explorer off of my Windows XP machine? Its all messed up and i can hardly get on any site, but when i use netscape it works just fine.

Plus any suggestions on a better browser? id appreciate it

use Firefox www.firefox.com

you can delete IE with http://www.majorgeeks.com/download4002.html (shareware) you gotta buy it to use it(with all features), but im sure you'll find a crack on a p2p network), thats how i deleted mine. And since IE is interfered with explorer.exe ? it can't be all the way deleted i heard, but i dont remember what it did when i typed in an URL in the address bar of a folder after deleting IE, i think i got an error saying it can't find IE so i guess it was deleted....
    StreetsCrack.com Join The Best Music Social Network Online. Music downloads, promotions, forums, profile, games etc...

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    Then again, you could just follow Microsoft's Instructions
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

This article describes how to uninstall Microsoft Internet Explorer version 6.0 and return to your previous version of Internet Explorer on computers that are running any of the following operating systems:
    But then again you're only returning to an older, more unsecure version and not deleting it.
    StreetsCrack.com Join The Best Music Social Network Online. Music downloads, promotions, forums, profile, games etc...

Check again:

Internet Explorer 6 is preinstalled by default in all versions of Windows XP. To provide computer manufacturers greater flexibility in configuring desktop versions of Windows XP, Microsoft has made it possible for OEMs, administrators, and users to remove user access to Internet Explorer while leaving the Internet Explorer code intact and fully functional to ensure the functionality of programs and operating system functions that rely on it. For example, Windows XP supports an "IEAccess=off" switch in the Unattend.txt file, and Internet Explorer has been added to the Add/Remove Windows Components section of the Add/Remove Programs tool in Control Panel.
    I actually just did it. Gone. Not old. Gone.

Then again, I can't do WindowsUpdate without it... so..
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head

Yeah i know wbout the Add/Remove Components, they also have some hidden stuff in there, you have to edit sysoc.inf in order to see them (such as messenger), i also did that couple of times but all it did was remove the IE icon from my desktop, when i went to display properties ->desktop tab->customize and added the icon again, IE worked fine. Weird.

Regal Making Handler
    MsM, microsoft do like to use double talk and obsfucation<spell check>.

By default, Internet Explorer 6 is preinstalled in all versions of Windows XP and cannot be removed.
    Here:http://support.microsoft.com/kb/318378/EN-US/ near the bottom of the page.

As for the add/remove bull. It just takes the short cut off the desktop.

As an experiment, delete all IE files then delete all IE references in the registry and see what happens.
    What happens if a big asteroid hits the Earth? Judging from realistic simulations involving a sledge hammer and a common laboratory frog, we can assume it will be pretty bad. - Dave Barry

MsMittens / auro2

How can i complete delete internet explorer
    just follow Microsoft's Instructions
    Then again, I can't do WindowsUpdate without it... so..
    I just had the exact same problem, but then i realised i can use GFI LanGuard to scan my own computer for missing patches, and it gives me the download link. I dont really like "auto"updates. This works of perfectly, especially at work.
    http://sfx-images.mozilla.org/affili...88x31/take.gif
    If You\'ve Done Something Right. People Wont Know You\'ve Done Anything At All - God (futurama)

I dont really like "auto"updates.
    You don't have to set it to auto-update. You can just run it when needed.

Banned

thank you

thank you everyone, it is much appreciated