Thread: Toshiba Cell's & Viruses

Toshiba Cell's & Viruses

I know this subjuct has been brought up before, but I found something to encourage the balding of all security folks.
    Phones with the "Ubiquitous Viewer" software can read e-mail stored on a PC, open a document or even use the PC's Web browser to view Web sites. The only requirement is that the PC uses Microsoft's Windows operating system .

http://news.com.com/Phones+dial+in+p...3-5542610.html

We are coming to the age of CTD's "Cell Transmitted Diseases"
    Mad Beaver

My personal solution for these problems.....

get the most basic phone you can afford to get (one that gives you the features you REALLY need, and not the ones that 'everyone else is doing'...heck i just bought a new phone not too long ago...its still monochrome! i dont need a camera, got one....i dont need a web-browser on my phone, ive got a lappy and a handheld...i dont need file transfering abilities, got a flash drive......

i just dont think we need to be worried about our phones getting sick. I mean, come on....

-z3

i just dont think we need to be worried about our phones getting sick. I mean, come on....
    Pen and paper still work aswell.

I choose to use a comuter because i enjoy using the extra functions that technology offers.

I finally got a Nokia data cable, so now all my Outlook Address's not only have email addresses but their mobile numbers aswell, and vice versa.

I understand the risk, and as a white hat, i can easily patch my devices and i am less vulnerable to social enigneering attacks...

Also, i live in Australia, so most attacks are brought out in other countries, and im sure if a cell phone virus was a threat to me, i'd know about it before it could spread all the way down to me.

But that is the risk i take and accept
    http://sfx-images.mozilla.org/affili...88x31/take.gif
    If You\'ve Done Something Right. People Wont Know You\'ve Done Anything At All - God (futurama)

i agree with what z31200n3 said. there are just somethings that you would have to do using a computer rather than a phone. And if that means having a high-end phone, u have to consider the risks and the possibilities of viruses since technology now offers features that makes your phone the next best thing to your computer.I wont be surprised if we have another virus like cariribe.but for that one, thats why we have sites like this.Its one way you get to be informed of means on how to protect your pc and your phone.

regards
    If your curious, your probably interested.

My personal solution for these problems.....get the most basic phone you can afford to get (one that gives you the features you REALLY need, and not the ones that 'everyone else is doing'...heck i just bought a new phone not too long ago...its still monochrome! i dont need a camera, got one....i dont need a web-browser on my phone, ive got a lappy and a handheld...i dont need file transfering abilities, got a flash drive......

-z3
    You do realise what you're saying makes no sense if we're to make any progress at all?We could for instance..go back to single user OS's with no network connections whatsoever..the risk of hackers would then be down to scrippies getting access by programs on floppies?Phones're going to get attacked,thats inevitable..we're better off trying to find a solution to counter the problem rather than switch over to phones which belonged to the last century(wasnt too long ago though was it? )
    And no harm meant,I realise it was your personal opinion and all..this was mine