Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Horrible infestation...

My biggest spyware infestation was around 200, however at work we run corporate virus scanners that report all 'foriegn' code by email so there are only a few that go unnoticed

Just to reflect some experience

Although this thread is way old enough, just want to reflect some facts I had experienced:

Beat this!!!

Case No. 1
    2925 infected files
    816 repaired
    2101 Quarantined

Case No. 2
    W32.Klez.gen@mm found 242

Case No. 3
    4599 infected files
    241 repaired
    4241 quarantined
    117 deleted

Whew!

These were the screen capture of the results:
    \"Life without FREEDOM is no life at all\". - William Wallace
    MyhomE MyboX StealtH (loop n. see loop.)
    http://www.geocities.com/sebeneleben/SOTBMulti.gif

i think i've blocked my worst infestation from memory.

it was also the first spyware infestation i ever dealt with, and it's where i started learning about this stuff in the first place.

last friday was a milestone tho - i actually did a 4 hour support call with one of our remote locations removing spyware using everything from hjt and spybot, right on to reg hacking in safe mode.

she was good to work with tho. and it saved me an hour drive.

scratchONtheBOX i can beat that by far. I worked on a system taht came up with 31k items with spysweeper. We wrote down the exact number I dont know it by heart. And the most temp files was somethin liek 3.8gb for us. And the most viruses was actually not that long ago, it made TONS of fake file names and we put it in another system to scan which was going for literally 2 weeks and it was only at the ns. The total was at least 100,000. All of that sounds unbelievable but it really really is true.

largest I have found was around 15000 I believe. also had 6 trojans, and a few other random virii. It was a server that the admin decided didnt need to be behind a firewall.
    Everyone is going to die, I am just as good of a reason as any.

http://think-smarter.blogspot.com

My worst was about 620. 620 different instances of spyware. Had to fix my buddy's computer. It was ridiculous. Me and him were just sitting there, I was laughing so hard as the spybot counter kept going up and up and up
    The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool - Good Ole Bill Shakespeare