Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: TigerShark is a celebrity!

AO Senior Cow-beller

TigerShark is a celebrity!

...or is that old news? Ok, so I know I'm fairly new here, having just barely scrabbled my way out of the 'newbie' pit and into the bottom of the 'junior' pile, but I still think it's fairly significant that this was mentioned on the main page for Enterprise IT Planet...

Link is to an article directly related to a thread TigerShark started the other day. A damned informative piece of work it was, too.

So is this common...EITPlanet getting stories and entries from the forums here? Or is tiger paying off the editors with all that money he makes in the vastly lucrative field of Network Security?

Either way...good work on the article, Tiger. Kudos!
    "Data is not necessarily information. Information does not necessarily lead to knowledge. And knowledge is not always sufficient to discover truth and breed wisdom." --Spaf
    Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made president should on no account be allowed to do the job. --Douglas Adams (1952-2001)
    "...people find it far easier to forgive others for being wrong than being right." - Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore

Banned
    Check this page: http://www.enterpriseitplanet.com/security/features/
    Every once in a while, JupiterMedia (owners of both EITPlanet and AntiOnline) puts AntiOnline in a spotlight - as you just found out

MsMittens is all present on that page, btw... she's like this extremely-high-paid staff writer or something

AO Senior Cow-beller
    *I KNEW IT*

Insurgents in the ranks!! To Arms!

hehe, really, that's actually kinda cool. I knew EIT/Jupiter/AO were together, but I hadn't seen much notice of AO on the others before...guess I haven't been reading long enough.
    "Data is not necessarily information. Information does not necessarily lead to knowledge. And knowledge is not always sufficient to discover truth and breed wisdom." --Spaf
    Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made president should on no account be allowed to do the job. --Douglas Adams (1952-2001)
    "...people find it far easier to forgive others for being wrong than being right." - Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore

Did you guys really think that with the intellectual compacity that some of our members had that they would go unpublished? I mean do a google search for JP, Ms. Mittens or many other of our big time contributors.
    Everyone is going to die, I am just as good of a reason as any.

http://think-smarter.blogspot.com

AO Senior Cow-beller
    Originally posted here by XTC46
    Did you guys really think that with the intellectual compacity that some of our members had that they would go unpublished?
    I never had a doubt...I just hadn't considered it in that light. I was simply taken off guard to see "Spot Light on AntiOnline" with Tiger Shark's terrific thread being propped up.

Ninja Code Monkey
    I googled for myself...but mostly found secfocus posts. I'm just a loooser at AO.
    "When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes." - Erasmus
    "There is no programming language, no matter how structured, that will prevent programmers from writing bad programs." - L. Flon
    "Mischief my ass, you are an unethical moron." - chsh
    Blog of X

Originally posted here by Juridian
    I googled for myself...but mostly found secfocus posts. I'm just a loooser at AO.

but you are a ninja code monkey...so you rock anyway, lol.

Dead Man Walking
    http://www.enterpriseitplanet.com/se...le.php/3435341

nobody told me I made it into one. Out of crude vanity I too google for my own name once in a while and juridian inspired me to do it tonight. Lo and behold what one of the first hits is. makes me feel all fuzzy

Ok so now I had to do it....I get a few hits from my posts here and on other boards.

AO Security for Non-Geeks tonybradley's Avatar
    When you Google on your name, do you enter the first and last names separately, or do you enclose them in quotes? I Google my name every once in a while and use the quotes to try and limit "false positives". There are obvious sites that come up- where I actually get paid to write and publish, but I like to see if my name has made it elsewhere- to sites that don't pay me. I have Google Alerts set up to notify me when new links are discovered with certain key phrases as well and my name is one of the Google Alerts.

Just trying to enjoy every last second of those 15 minutes of fame. :-)