Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Windows Logon Time logs

Windows Logon Time logs

I have a customer who wants to monitor when her child goes on the computer. She does NOT want a keylogger because she does not care about what he is doing, she just doesnt want him on the computer late at night.

What is a free program that will log What times people are on logged on the computer and for how long

Banned
    Event Viewer -> Security Events

Tells you the times people log on.

Right but it doesnt tell you when they log off

Banned
    Sure does.

Well eithway if it does or doesnt, I have not seen that in xp Home but I need a simple program for an end user that doesn know a lot of computers can use as easy as she can read her emails.

Banned
    I'm not sure how much easier you can go than the Event Viewer. The picture demonstrates the simplicity. I'll look around for something else, but I'd seriously look into Event Viewer.

Well I will show her on Monday its kind of messy to look through but we will see. Thank you very much.

AO French Antique News Whore
    Done a simple scheduled task with the "shutdown -s -t 300" command that run every day at 10pm. That will leave 5 mins to the kid to close is program before the computer shut down.
    -Simon \"SDK\"

Well I with xp u can set logon times but she doesnt want to restrict as much as monitor.

Ok not to seem like a total newb but ware dose it show the logoff time under the time header it will say something like 10:41:14 is that H:M:S or is it the logon and off time.