Hardcore Punk
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hardcore Punk

Custom User

Hardcore Punk

If anyone's interested in hardcore punk, my band recently recorded and have two tracks uploaded.

http://www.hxcmp3.com/bands/19827/

Unfortunately one of the tracks skips slightly, but not so much it ruins the song. As an aside, if anyone knows how to get rid of this, I'd be welcome to suggestions (please bear in mind that I'd have to relay any to a not quite so computer literate friend).

ac

Sorry no one replied/posted to say they cared, but nice ****..
    Space For Rent.. =]

Dead Man Walking
    In the eyes of prosperity is ****ing awsome bro. I could almost picture my self going on a rampage to the intro. and if it makes me wanna break **** its gotta be good.

My Opinion:

Trenches:

The guitar needs a little more distortion, and maybe some more power chord style strumming. It's good and all though. I just think that if I was playing that it would have more distortion, and the bass line would follow it more, like maybe two bass players or something so one can follow the guitar while the other stays the same as it is in the song. It gives it a stronger back bone.

The drumming is good and doesn't need changed at all. I'd add more power to the guitar though, but another guitar could just add that while the other guitar stays how you have it in the song.

In the area of vocals, the scream could be deeper too, not like..... Hmm trying to thinkof the style... Ahh, Left Over Crack, song is Rock the 40 OZ. Those vocals would go very well, or maybe something almost a Slipknot style scream. Slightly Deeper and with more aggression.

Are you near Michigan? I could play the other guitar and bass wriff and do the other vocals for you.

Banned
    Scotland is pretty far from Michigan, gore

er0k
    The guitar riff's are nice.. but the singing is rather inaudible..

Banned
    Gore, slipknot screams? I always thought they pretty much just whine & bitch alot... and for that, girls love 'em.

God Speed you black emperor on the 28 days later soundtrack... <- Self explanatory, fother muck. Listen to certian riffs on some of the tracks they've done over the years.

Ministry - WTV <- Speed!
    Ministry - Cannable Song <- Eat that Slipknot fan! Now thats bitching & moaning.
    http://www.btmf.com/mp3/GG-Tough****inShit.mp3 GG Allin is my frikin' hero & (de)mentor...

You might want to think about using the drum solo in the song In the eyes of posterity as an opening to something even more heavier & moody in random outburst in the middle parts of the song rather than just an ending. As for the song called trenches sometimes I like to speed the tempo up to 2x & 5x on songs I download... ahhh now it sounds much better. Thanks by the way, these songs are cool.

Trenches Sounds good !!!

The In The Eyes of Posterity thing is too much emo for me

But thx for making them and making htem public
    ASCII stupid question, get a stupid ANSI.
    When in Russia, pet a PETSCII.

Get your ass over to SLAYRadio the best station for C64 Remixes !

Custom User
    The drumming is good and doesn't need changed at all.
    Wahey...I'm the drummer. And Gore, thanks for the offer, but like Negative pointed out, you'd have to take a plane (or maybe a few) to get to practice. We're hoping to have a new guitarist coming tonight (so far we only had one), and we'll see what he can add. The thing about distortion is kinda difficult cause mick's guitar is a bit dodgy, and he insists on keeping it on the neck pickups so it makes it really bassy (nothing wrong with that if we get another guitar sound into the songs). But thanks for the comments overall...I wasn't expecting this many people to like it. I'll let mick have a look at the comments and we'll see what we can do about you guys' suggestions.

ac

I'm a gangsta type myself (only rap and trance i listen to) but damn i like this (except the few times where it skips)....(which shouldn't be too hard to edit out with something like Cool edit Pro .....)

and personal favorite is "In The Eyes of Posterity".

and i dont liek the yealling/screaming : how about an instrumental of In The Eyes of Posterity only for me how old r u guys anyways ? off to a good start !
    StreetsCrack.com Join The Best Music Social Network Online. Music downloads, promotions, forums, profile, games etc...