Thread: Access Key in VB.NET Menu

() \/V |\| 3 |) |3\/ |\|3G47|\/3

Access Key in VB.NET Menu

Ok, I have a very minor issue. I can't seem to find a reason for it...though I may be overlooking something very simple. I've googled, checked my vb books, menu / menu item properties, etc.

Anyway, here is the problem:

I've made some access keys for a menu and some menu items. They show up in design mode and they work when I run the .exe, however, they do not show up on the .exe until I hit alt+(whatever).

My question is why do the underlines indicating an access key not show up on the .exe until after I hit alt+(letter)? Is there a property that I'm not aware of that needs to be set? I'm pretty sure the properties are all correct...though I could be wrong.

It's not a huge problem...but's it's kind of annoying.

Screenshot is the form in design mode with the .exe next to it. Notice no underlines in the .exe. (but they all show up if I hit alt)

Go Finland!
    Deviant Gallery

*Bumped*

Still really wondering about this if anyone knows. There weren't a lot of people on last night when I posted this. So I'm bumping it.

Go Finland!
    Deviant Gallery

I'm not 100% sure of this as I'm not a VB.NET programmer, but as I recall that may be a Windows thing, not necessarily a VB.NET thing. I've noticed similar behaviour in various Windows XP dialogs. When I reboot into XP to game I'll check it out and amend this post.

EDIT: Well, in my XP install it doesn't act that way, it does show the underlines all the time, however I've set it to use the "Windows Classic" theme, which may be the culprit. If it's not related to Windows itself, then I'm at a loss for what it could be, sorry.
    Chris Shepherd
    The Nelson-Shepherd cutoff: The point at which you realise someone is an idiot while trying to help them.
    \"Well as far as the spelling, I speak fluently both your native languages. Do you even can try spell mine ?\" -- Failed Insult
    Is your whole family retarded, or did they just catch it from you?

Cool...thanks!

Go Finland!
    Deviant Gallery