I have a dell inspiron 5150 laptop.

I was listening to music the other day through sony earbuds (headphones) while doing some homework.
I started out at the kitchen table without the latop plugged in.

I later moved into the living room and plugged the power plug into the back of the laptop.

I set the laptop on the couch which is a microsuede fabric which often has a lot of static on it.
(example: When you pickup a blanket or pillow off the couch, you can hear it crackle. Or if you touch someone that is not on the couch, it will shock them. It can be fun sometimes, like when shocking the dog's or cat's nose... but other times, its annoying.)

Anyway, I slightly moved the laptop and all of a sudden, I felt a shock in my left ear, then my right ear, then both at the same time. It felt more powerful than putting a 9v battery on your tongue. I quickly yanked the ear buds out of my ears and unplugged the headphones from the laptop.

Then the sound would not work on the laptop either through the internal speakers, or through the headphones. All you could hear was a loud buzzing. I rebooted, and I got the same thing. I powered off completely, got the same thing.

I powered it off for the evening and then picked it back up the next afternoon.

The sound worked again in both earphones and internal speakers.

What the hell happened? Did I get shocked by the laptop? Shocked by the couch? Shocked by both?

Freaking weird....