asp on linux

Thread: asp on linux

asp on linux

Hi

I installed linux and apache and configured it for support of PHP, but I don't know how to make support of asp and mysql.

ASP not working

Do you know how to fix it?

==MyOS==
    Linux TSL 2.1
    // too far away outside of limit

Linux have also problem with this commands:

" border="0" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="2">

Thay was showing efter i movied all files from one server to another

the beign of authority kurt_der_koenig's Avatar
    If I remember right, ASP is only for M$ OSs. Some one back me up?

Linux have also problem with this commands:

Thay was showing efter i movied all files from one server to another
    Those 'commands' are part of your HTML code. Linux shouldn't have a problem unless you didn't close the tags or the program you use didn't. Give me a link to the page, I'll give it a look.

kurt

Developer Extraordinar
    I've never messed with ASP on Linux, or at all for that matter. A quick search of http://www.google.com] Google[/URL] returned this page http://www.freewebmasterhelp.com/tutorials/asp which states:

"What Do I Need?

ASP is a server-side language, so you will need to make sure that your web server has the correct software for running it. The most common setup for running ASP scripts is on a Windows-based server running IIS (Internet Information Server). It is possible to use Linux-based systems, though, but they must have the Chillisoft ASP package installed."

So, ASP on Linux is possible apperently. I'm sure if you looked around the internet you could find something. Another quick seach on Google, I found out Chillsoft ASP is now SunONE ASP http://www.sun.com/software/chilisoft/index.xml That however costs money, but is ASP on Linux systems, with mySQL support. There may be some free solutions. Look around at some tutorials and forums and what not.

MySQL is avaliable on mySQL.com. You can download it from there. It is avaliable for Linux.

As for your second question, I don't understand? What was showing that? Where was it showing that? That is HTML... I don't understand.

Good luck
    microburn
    Come to UnError.com

Hey Hey,

Like MB and Kurt have said.... that is a portion of code... it has nothing to do with the web server (apache) or the server OS (Linux)... it has to do with how the browser interprets it..

MB also answered your MySQL question

This leaves you with ASP... There are modules that you can get so that you can run ASP on Linux... however it's not like Windows where you can do some VB, some VB Script and then some C# because it's really random on the GUI... The code is specific and kind of a cross between ASP and ASP .Net.... I have it successfully running on my Linux server and have some code functioning with it... A simple search of ASP for Apache (I believe that's what it's called) will return the results you need... If you need more information just ask questions and you will get your answers.

Peace,
    HT
    IT Blog: .:Computer Defense:.
    PnCHd (Pronounced Pinched): Acronym - Point 'n Click Hacked. As in: "That website was pinched" or "The skiddie pinched my computer because I forgot to patch".

thx you for help

Ouch, agane

I reinstalled Linux and now when I traing to start MySQL i getting "error 2002"
    And file mysql.sock is missing /var/run/mysql/mysql.sock
    And mysql folder too

And here is part of the code that is not working:
    ------------------------------------------------------
    <a style="cursor:hand;" onclick="document.location.href='show.php?bar=red&percent=<?echo $rott?>&cat=1&name=Jobb'">
    <table width="<?echo $rott."%";?>" border="0" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="2">
    <tr bgcolor="#FF0000">
    <td align="center"><?echo $rott."%";?></td>
    </tr>
    </table>
    ------------------------------------------------------

I think that it depends on SQL server but I dont know how to run it , damn

in the beging of document it exist this variables

$array6 = mysql_fetch_array($result6);
    $rott=round(($array6['rott']/$totalt)*100);

and then

width="<?echo $rott."%";?>" border="0" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="2">

it just needed sql and I have problem with this

Is the error a mysql error? If so you should link your mysql.sock file to the location it asks and that should clear your problem right up. On the other hand, I have seen nothing wrong with the code in question, especially because the snippets you've included don't include any SQL.

Regarding ASP, I've never attempted to run it on a Linux container. ASP is a M$ technology, but that's not all, it is server-side JScript (M$'s version of JavaScript) or it can be, there are multiple ways to handle it, like CGI, which can be done with PERL, C++, etc. You CAN use C#, Visual Script, or anything else. But there is an Apache module for PERL called Apache:::ASP, which is "Apache::ASP provides an Active Server Pages port to the Apache Web Server with Perl scripting only, and enables developing of dynamic web applications with session management and embedded Perl code. There are also many powerful extensions, including XML taglibs, XSLT rendering, and new events not originally part of the ASP API!" -- Apache-asp.org
    http://www.apache-asp.org

Give that a whirl and let us know if it works.
    --BigDick

\"When in Rome, eat Rome!\" -Godzilla