Thread: Problem with IE accessing Windows Update website

Problem with IE accessing Windows Update website

I usually manually update my WinXP home system as last time the windows update website displays an error. Now I want to try updating through the website again and got a error message. How do I fix it? screenshot is attached. Thanks.

AOs Resident Troll
    you are infected with something

boot into safemode (with networking) and clean.

Scan your computer ( in safemode ) with an antivirus, antispywae..reboot into safe mode (with networking) and then try windows update...

MLF

there are a HUGE amount of posts on this site that address this subject!!!
    How people treat you is their karma- how you react is yours-Wayne Dyer

Yesterday, I just went house.trendmicro.com to do a scan and found C:\WINDOWS\system32\actskin4.ocx as Trojan. I analysed this file and it seem to be clean, it is probably a activex that draw graphics if I am not wrong. So I did not remove this file. I run hijackthis and see nothing suspicious. I am running AVG and it is up-to-date and I am also running sygate and nothing suspicious attempt to access the internet. I frequently (several times a week) run Spybot S&D and Ad-aware and they found nothing. Checking the startup entries also found nothing suspicious. I guess it has something to do with the setting in IE?

AO French Antique News Whore
    Put http://*.microsoft.com in your Trustes Site Zone, lower this zone security to low and try again.
    -Simon \"SDK\"