Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: SEing someones phone number

SEing someones phone number

hey i was wondering if anyone knew any goot techniques for SEing a phone number from someone else without them knowing i am the one trying to get the info.
    Stuff i know:
    Trying to get it from their friend
    whitepages.com search for last name
    my friend doing the se for me with me pulling strings

but any other ideas? im open for all suggestions that have worked 4 u
    thanks

AO Senior Cow-beller
    I'd check with alt.2600 that is more their cup of tea.
    "Data is not necessarily information. Information does not necessarily lead to knowledge. And knowledge is not always sufficient to discover truth and breed wisdom." --Spaf
    Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made president should on no account be allowed to do the job. --Douglas Adams (1952-2001)
    "...people find it far easier to forgive others for being wrong than being right." - Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore

OK I give in, what the hell is "SEing" when it is at home?

Social Engineering?........................try your local Police, FBI, IRS, CIA, BNDD, BATF (watch them!..remember Waco ) They all have access to that sort of information.

Go and work for your local Telco, or bribe an employee thereof.

Intercept the US mail and steam open their phone bill.

OH, and mind you don't drop the soap

ACK phttt! at least it makes a change from "how do I hack my girlfriend's Hotmail account"

rebmeM roineS enilnOitnA steve.milner's Avatar
    One common practice by many people is to say their own phone number when they answer the phone - Hello 555-6891 for example.

All you would need to do is call them and there is a good chance you can get the number.

This has worked for me on many occasions.

HTH
    Steve
    IT, e-commerce, Retail, Programme & Project Management, EPoS, Supply Chain and Logistic Services. Yorkshire. http://www.bigi.uk.com

Errrrrrrrrrrr Steve old chap.................

All you would need to do is call them and there is a good chance you can get the number.
    If you called them there is an even better chance that you already have the number

Time for another coffee mate?

Dead Man Walking
    LMFAO @ nihil and steve. I cant believe I didnt catch that untill I read nihil's post. Or was that an effort at so called british humor? J/k guys

On the subject at hand if you want to get a phone number ask the person who's phone number it is for it. Why do I get the odd feeling that the original poster is trying to get a girls number? As far as SEing (Im assuming SE==Social Engineering) just ask in a way that makes the other party think its thier idea to give you the information. If you cant do that not even mitnick can help you

rebmeM roineS enilnOitnA steve.milner's Avatar
    Originally posted here by nihil
    Does no one recognise superior wit these days....

<sigh>

I was expecting the original poster to have replied this way, but not you my boy!

If I'd added the ob smilie then a good part of effect would have been lost....

Here was the clue:
    This has worked for me on many occasions.
    Seems it was lost anyway!
    IT, e-commerce, Retail, Programme & Project Management, EPoS, Supply Chain and Logistic Services. Yorkshire. http://www.bigi.uk.com

AO Senior Cow-beller
    Originally posted here by nihil

If you called them there is an even better chance that you already have the number

Time for another coffee mate?

That's two AO-inspired Spit-Takes in one week! Steve, I need one as well. You find a table, I'll buy!
    "Data is not necessarily information. Information does not necessarily lead to knowledge. And knowledge is not always sufficient to discover truth and breed wisdom." --Spaf
    Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made president should on no account be allowed to do the job. --Douglas Adams (1952-2001)
    "...people find it far easier to forgive others for being wrong than being right." - Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore

Be honest, tell her how you feel and hope she gives you her number. A single white rose helps too..."Don't get red, it doesn't look right in this occasion".

Now, if you really want to be a sleazy bastard , come up with a really nice "SPECIAL SALE/OFFER" to one of her favorite stores. I.E. "FIRST 100 CUSTOMERS TO CALL RECEIVE A FREE GIFT. MUST CALL NOW TO RESERVE YOURS". Purchase a prepaid phone (some come with free 1-800 numbers), print out a nice looking "Sale AD" and drop it in her mailbox. Make sure it has her name on it. You might have to visit the store's website and get some logos and pics to make it look legit .

Peace.

umm its not actually a girl im not that messed up... i would just ask her after i get to know her

its actually for some guy who did some bad stuff to me... and i ll leave it at that

but i did get your joke man it was pretty obvious but a good one lol

and ideas on getting someones number with minimal information on the internet?

ps. i have tried calling his parents but they were cautious of giving out their 14 yr old sons home number