W2K R.I.P.

Thread: W2K R.I.P.

They call me the Hunted foxyloxley's Avatar

Post W2K R.I.P.

It's the end of the road for the W2K updates :
    Just as I start to get it together, someone comes along with a new toy
    Message to self : Learn FASTER next time.........

http://www2.vnunet.com/News/1160791
    Microsoft has confirmed that there will be no equivalents of its Windows XP Service Pack 2 to boost security on earlier operating systems.

The announcement leaves the 50 per cent of Microsoft customers not currently using XP with the choice of upgrading or relying on platforms that will become increasingly less secure.
    55 - I'm fiftyfeckinfive and STILL no wiser,
    OLDER yes
    Beware of Geeks bearing GIF's
    come and waste the day :P at The Taz Zone

Hey Foxy~

Not so long ago Micr$haft said they would stop supporting Win9x.........................soon came back to their customers with a grovelling retraction, didn't they?

This is a Micro$haft pi$$ take.............I am glad that the EU will slap their little botties..........they seem to have got away with it in the USA?.............wonder how many "brown envelopes" that took

It is a probe for reaction, nothing more...............all empires collapse, and Micro$haft's is no different..........."longhorn" is not going so well I hear?

On the other hand, this is also a great heap of media bollix:

The announcement leaves the 50 per cent of Microsoft customers not currently using XP with the choice of upgrading or relying on platforms that will become increasingly less secure.
    Windows 2000 SP4 is an extension of Windows NT. WinXP is an attempt to bring the Win 9x and WinNT together..................So I would not agree with the above quotation............sounds like another "brown envelope" to me. It implies that XP is "more secure" than Windows 2000 SP4...........I don't think so...........or would really like to see some empirical evidence...........also, to suggest that XP has a 50% penetration is the biggest load of hype I have heard..........sure go to PC World (Walmart?) and a domestic user will have it foisted on them..........

How many commercial/professional users have they got...............I will take a guess at less than 25%.

It reminds me of my artillery days ............by concentrating your forces you also concentrate my fire.....................

just my thoughts

To me 2000 is microsofts best serieus O.S. Windows xp looks to much like 2000 with a nice skin.
    Since the beginning of time, Man has searched for the answers to the big questions: \'How did we get here?\' \'Is there life after death?\' \'Are we alone?\' But today, in this very theatre, you will be asked to answer the biggest question of them all...WHO LIVES IN A PINEAPPLE UNDER THE SEA?