I just found an outstanding website to obtain knowledge and definitions of computer technical terms for other newbie's, such as myself, just getting into computer security, or for those in general who are not too familiar with terms and didn't want to look like an idiot asking them here, or who just always wanted to know but never bothered asking. Because I just went wireless, I was looking around the wireless security section of the security discussions and came across a morning chill's article, "a tip for the windows wardrivers out there" (http://www.antionline.com/showthread...hreadid=265659) and was reading what he had to say. I had an idea what wardriving was, but wanted to know for sure, so I googled it and found a link to a free, online encyclopidia called Wikipedia.

It had a complete, comprehensible description of wardriving, which gave me a complete understanding of it, and all or any other technical terms associated with it. And all those other terms associated with it have links to their descriptions, and any technical terms associated with them, and so on and so on. So, from just reading that description of wardriving, I just got a clear understanding of what a MAC address is, and what a DHCP is. And from the MAC address I got good understanding of what a layer 2 network protocol is, and I could have just went on forever checking the sublinks gaining knowledge. Or if you want to look up some other technical term, it has a word search box you can just type in what you want to look up and it will have it. Like for example, I looked up "keylogger" and learned about the FBI's "trojan horse-delivered program known as Magic Lantern.

In short, I am just basically trying to give those of you who are also newbies, or who are familiar with and have a general/basic understanding of computers, an excellent source of information to help you get a better understanding of what is being talked about on this site, for and in computer security, or for those of you who just want to get a better understanding of computers and their technical terms.

I am posting the link that I used for wardriving, below, just for an example, cause if you were to see the websites homepage, you wouldn't get the impression that that website is really is as good as it is and goes would go as far in depth as it does about computer terminology. I hope someone can find this website as useful as I have. Cheers

http://www.antionline.com/showthread...hreadid=265659