Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hardest to "Crack"

Hardest to "Crack"

I was wondering what the hardest programming language was to "Crack/Reverse engineer" ? I have been told all types of garbage mainly from people that can't even turn a computer on without a step by step guide written with crayons. I know Visual Basic is one of the easiest and some say that Delphi is easy. Is there a programming language that is so difficult to "Crack" that people don't even try to mess with it?

I ask these questions out of pure curiousity.

Crack the programming language or the program written in it ? wtf
    O.G at A.O

oops the program written in it. Sorry about that , the flu and computers dont mix to well.

Well im not a programmer but can any complied .exe be decompiled all the way to the code without being give the source files etc ?
    O.G at A.O

AO Senior Cow-beller

Lightbulb

/* deleted - not relevant nor helpful - sorry, it got away from me */
    "Data is not necessarily information. Information does not necessarily lead to knowledge. And knowledge is not always sufficient to discover truth and breed wisdom." --Spaf
    Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made president should on no account be allowed to do the job. --Douglas Adams (1952-2001)
    "...people find it far easier to forgive others for being wrong than being right." - Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore

I have been told all types of garbage mainly from people that can't even turn a computer on without a step by step guide written with crayons.
    What makes you think that you or half the jokers on this site are above this?

Well im not a programmer but can any complied .exe be decompiled all the way to the code without being give the source files etc?
    What are you sniffing, dumbass?! You mean being brought back into original source? Not really... I have yet to see decompiled executables look anywhere near it's original source. But something like JAVA could ALMOST be brought back to original source though, or atleast close enought.

Zen, you know you can actually delete that post instead of editing it saying you "deleted blah blah comment".

********** |ceWriterguy
    it is extremely difficult to fully gain access to source code from a compiled, executable file. I've done a bit of 'adjustments' to different game files and the like using a hex editor, but only to specific values and never to functions. If there's a solid decompiler out there I'd dearly love a copy of it...
    Even a broken watch is correct twice a day.

Which coder said that nobody could outcode Microsoft in their own OS? Write a bit and make a fortune!

AO French Antique News Whore
    Whatever language you program in, they are all compile into assembly so none is hardest to crack after a compile.
    -Simon \"SDK\"

here's a good place to start http://www.debugmode.com/dcompile/

there are tons of decompilers, none of them will reproduce the exact source especially in this age of optimizers, but you can get reasonable results from a few. I've never tried running one on somthing huge, only on my own progs(few 100 to few 1000 lines at most) just to see. The Java decomp I tried worked the best for me, but that has alot to do with the way java is only part compiled/interpreted anyway.

Assembly is your best bet as was previously said, it takes time to understand what's going on but you'll find that disassembling an executable will yield much more reliable results.

So I guess to answer your question, no language is truly safe from being RE'd

Good luck...

Banned
    Originally posted here by SDK
    Whatever language you program in, they are all compile into assembly so none is hardest to crack after a compile.
    Java, Python, Perl, and numerous others don't compile into assembly. Get a clue.