First off let me ramble out a disclaimer. I am not in the security or networking profession, I know little to nothing about it, and I make no claim that I know the vaguest thing about it. I stumbled across this site while making a last ditch search on the internet for a solution to my problem. My problem is not of the professional nature, if anything it is of the opposite. I have no idea if I'm even in the right forum to post this, but I'm hoping that someone that reads this can help me somehow. What caused me to stumble across this site was a really really old post asking if someone knew how to get into someone's hotmail account. Now I'll not take a stab at the langue, hack, crack, etc. because I'll use it wrong. The person asking the question was heavily criticized for their intentions in asking the question, which were less than admirable. My problem is this. Somehow, someone with the right program, knowledge, whatever, got into my email and changed the password. I've had this password for a good 6 months, so it wasnt forgotten, and it was a random verb with numbers tacked onto the end, so it is extremely highly improbable that someone guessed it. In cases like these, hotmail gives you the option of answering a secret question. This would easily solve my problem, however my secret question is this: I hate when these fall out of my truck. The thought of someone getting into my email had never crossed my mind (consider me an ignorant newbie), so I hadnt changed my secret question in a good two and a half years. I sold my 92 Chevy S-10 a good two years ago, and the answer has either been changed or has slipped my mind, as time tends to cause things to do. I had no alternate email for them to send my password to, my Gmail account is simply one I recently set up to transfer files from my old computer to my new one. Can anyone out there help me reset my password? I've given up on hotmail's tech support, the only solutions they give me are the two I already explained, and all responses are automated, so I can't even find a person inside hotmail to see if there are any other possible ways to reset my password. Once again, I dont even know if I'm on the right forum, much less the right site, but it seemed a few people knew a lot about the subject. If anyone is willing to help me, I can't tell you how much I would appreciate it. My MSN contact list has about 140 people on it whose emails would be highly difficult to remember, and my hotmail inbox has a lot of emails in it that I've been worrying about losing. Any help at all is appreciated, I just have no idea how else to get around this. Thanks

Kyle M. Gregg