it's time to get negged...

Thread: it's time to get negged...

it's time to get negged...

well,

i really get sick of this,
    i just got negged by NeuTron because i posted the name of someone who negged me in a thread. this post was done about 2 weeks ago..
    view post

his neg:
    you shouldnt be publicizing the names of people who assign points to you...its just silly

is this really how deep the quality of the AO members is sinking??? can't we just have a simple discussion anymore without being negged...

if chsh would have a problem with me posting it, i think i would have heared it...
    however, i know from experience that people don't mind if their name is mentioned when they had assigned positive AP's, so why would they mind when assigning negative ones??

i think the people who do mind are just afraid that other people will neg them for their answer...

feel free to add your comment since i'm really curious!
    Share on Google+

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    Personally I think there is too much navel-gazing on APs.

can't we just have a simple discussion anymore without being negged...
    Nope. People want to express their opinion and use a bat for it. That said, there never was official rules as to how APs are to be used. IMO, it was supposed to identify inappropriate posts, extremely inaccurate information and extremely accurate/informative information.

But theory and reality are often two different things.

I don't think it's worth sweating over.
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage
    Share on Google+

T̙͓̞̣̯ͦͭͅͅȂͧͭͧ̏̈͏̖̖Z̿ ͆̎̄
    White Scorpion...I think everybody here knows my stand on point systems...there should be hard and fast rules that are fair across the board, otherwise it's just subjective and open for abuses...you should have the right to your opinion...but I think you were wrong in bringing it up in the forums...when I was negged I PM'ed the person ...that's where it should stay...private.

Eg
    Share on Google+

BS, EnCE, ACE, Cellebrite 11001001's Avatar
    Just West of Beantown, though nobody from Beantown actually calls it "Beantown."
    Originally posted here by MsMittens
    People want to express their opinion and use a bat for it.

It goes back to the old-time police adage:

"Far more can be accomplished with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."
    That's Officer 11001001 to you...
    Now you see me | Now you don't
    "Relax, Bender; It was just a dream. There's no such thing as two." ~ Fry
    sometimes my computer goes down on me
    Share on Google+

Banned
    i agree... sometimes you gotta bite your tounge a bit in a thread ... but that can be a good thing too

to whitescorpion.... but there'll always be *******s and perfectionists who think that eveything that doesn't agree w/ their little point of a view must be negged. that wouldn't be that bad, but some of the seniors have the power to single handedly wipe out an army of newbies

but hey man... at least here you don't get negged and banned for spelling like somewhere else (at least within reason)
    Share on Google+

Re: it's time to get negged...

i really get sick of this,
    i just got negged by NeuTron because i posted the name of someone who negged me in a thread. this post was done about 2 weeks ago..
    and so you did it again.

I think if you have a problem about AP (- or +) you should pm the AP assigner instead open his/her comments to public.

I wont neg you here because its CHIT CHAT forum. But i will neg the thread since its silly complain about "snif.. snif.. someone negged me... snif snif". Grow up.
    Meu sítio

FORMAT C: Yes ...Yes??? ...Nooooo!!! ^C ^C ^C ^C ^C
    If I die before I sleep, I pray the Lord my soul to encrypt.
    If I die before I wake, I pray the Lord my soul to brake.
    Share on Google+

i appreciated your opinions, but i really hate it when i talk to people on other forums and they don't like www.antionline.com for the misuse of antipoints here.. in other forums i behave exactly the same as here... i've never been warned or anything like that outside of the thread... i think people should be intitled to their opinion and shouldn't be afraid to express it in the forums...

don't get me wrong, i think the value of the info here is great, i just hate the people who use the antipoints for their own personal advantage..

it is just like you said, 2 or 3 seniors can ban a newbie in a flash, is it honest to let that be decided by just those people??

i think the idea of the ap's isn't bad, but i just think it is extremely overrated by a lot of people these days...

in case some of the seniors are thinking i do not know what i am talking about since i'm registered since oct 2004, well my previous acount was lepricaun. as you can see i once was a senior too

the time i had here the first year was great, no one negged because they just feel like it, the ap system was used as it should, but the last time it is getting really worse...

for me it is simple, if this doesn't change back, then the only visits i will do to antionline will be to read the threads, no more responses...

I wont neg you here because its CHIT CHAT forum. But i will neg the thread since its silly complain about "snif.. snif.. someone negged me... snif snif". Grow up.
    go ahead, neg what you want, with that action you're just one of those people destroying the future of AO.
    Share on Google+

Banned
    I negged you. Why? Just to be a *****. Move on.

Any site developers or admins out there reading this, get rid of the names on APs. I don't know what the **** we were thinking when we suggested that. Horrible idea.
    Share on Google+

T̙͓̞̣̯ͦͭͅͅȂͧͭͧ̏̈͏̖̖Z̿ ͆̎̄
    I think you're upset so you're missing the point being made here...no one is telling you to not express your veiws...only that it's not kosher to air dirty laundry in public...if you have a problem use the PM !
    Share on Google+

Banned
    I'm closing this thread

AntiPoints used to be anonymous, and that anonimity was abused. There is no way mods/admins can check all AntiPoints-assignments, so we came up with an alternative (it wasn't just a "let's do this and see how it turns out" decision... the same people that are asking for AntiPoints to be anonymous these days are the ones that used to ask for them not to be anonymous... NO NOT YOU TT ): having the assigner be known to the assignee (is that a word?) to give the assignee a way to discuss the assignment - in private.

If you have a problem with an assignment: contact the assigner - that's why there's a link to the assigner's profile in the AP assignments. There's no reason to bring it up in the forums - nobody else cares. If you do bring it up in the forums and you get negged for it - deal with it - I don't blame the one who negged you.

If there's abuse, contact a mod/admin.

I gave everyone some AntiPoints back (except MsMittens... I can't) - just to be a *****
    Share on Google+