Thread: my lan connection has a lock on it

my lan connection has a lock on it

what does that mean? i just installed windows and set up my internet connection through a lan and the icon for it has a lock on it. here's a screenshot http://img153.exs.cx/img153/374/lanlock0ui.jpg

Look carefully at the description "Connected, Firewalled"

Yeah thats all, that means windows firewall is enabled for that connection. If you have your own 3rd party firewall dont forget to disable windows built in firewall my freind.

AO Senior Cow-beller
    "Data is not necessarily information. Information does not necessarily lead to knowledge. And knowledge is not always sufficient to discover truth and breed wisdom." --Spaf
    Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made president should on no account be allowed to do the job. --Douglas Adams (1952-2001)
    "...people find it far easier to forgive others for being wrong than being right." - Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore

i thought i had windows firewall turned off though

nvm, it goes away when i turn the fw off they should really replace that lock with the little windows fw shield symbol since a lock usually implies that you dont have priveliges.