proxy chaining problem
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: proxy chaining problem

proxy chaining problem

Hey, Im behind a uni firewall so i have to use a proxy to access the net normally. Its just a regular proxy on port 8080. Its completely transparent and the uni has all my details so it offers no protection. I was wondering how would i go about chaining other proxies on after this in Opera, IE or firefox. Especially if the other proxies use a different port as there is only one box for the port in most programs?

Thanks,
    NNP

I am not quite sure what you are trying to do here..................you seem to have a physical proxy server?..........................if you decide to use anonymous public proxies, all you have to do is connect to them via the internet...............I have no extensive experience in this area, but on the few occasions I have experimented with them, there was no "setting up" as such required.

All I did was contact them like a regular website.

Cheers

Master-Jedi-Pimps0r & Moderator thehorse13's Avatar
    To chain proxies in IE, simply go to tools internet options, lan settings.

Under proxies do this:

Code:
    proxy1:80 proxy2:8080 proxy3:80 proxy4
    Now, proxy 4's port goes in the port field. Note that one space is added between each proxy and that the ports are whatever the real port are on the proxy servers you select.

Done.

You now have a proxy chain.

PS
    This will work in most browsers other than IE. Locate the proxy field and repeat the above steps.
    Our scars have the power to remind us that our past was real. -- Hannibal Lecter.
    Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful. -- John Wooden

Unhappy Not working

say, i've tried that method in IE. I've searched and used a high anonymity proxy and then visited www.ip2location.com. It could still find out my exact location and my ip address on my lan. A proxy is used to protect our identity right? Then why is this happening? Also this method doesn't work with firefox. It just says proxy server not found.
    Never trouble another for what you can do for yourself.
    -Thomas Jefferson

http://www.AntiOnline.com/sig.php?imageid=777

Master-Jedi-Pimps0r & Moderator thehorse13's Avatar
    In the first example, you must be doing something wrong.

In other browsers, the technique will work, but the precise syntax will vary.
    Our scars have the power to remind us that our past was real. -- Hannibal Lecter.
    Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful. -- John Wooden

StOrM™
    For FireFox and mozilla I would recomend a Extention which lets you change proxies, which i have found to be very usefull its called switch proxy

https://addons.update.mozilla.org/ex...and%20Security

very nice tool for anonymous surfing on the internet.
    Parth Maniar,
    CISSP, CISM, CISA, SSCP

*Thank you GOD*

Greater the Difficulty, SWEETER the Victory.

Believe in yourself.

I've been trying it in opera but its not working. To access the net from uni i have to use student-proxy.ul.ie on port 8080. I then want to send my connection through 193.194.70.123:6588

into the http proxy box im putting student-proxy.ul.ie:8080 193.194.70.123 and then into the port box im putting 6588. It doesnt work though, opera just truncates it to student-proxy.ul.ie and puts 193.194.70.123 after the 8080 in the port box which stops it from finding even the initial proxy

Its not even working in IE now, if i enter student-proxy.ul.ie:8080 193.174.70.123 and then the port in the port box, IE just truncates it to student-proxy.ul.ie and continues on as normal. Should there be a space between the first proxy the colon and the port or does that make a difference?

hu?
    have i understood ?
    forwarding a transparent proxy will never give me real anonymity ?
    no matter how anon the chained proxys are. as long as the first proxy in chain is transparent ?
    Industry Kills Music.

Nope, it's not working. I've tried it in IE. I've entered first the campus proxy and then the anonymous proxy. But it is not working. It is working just as if it is using the campus proxy.

btw, I am using switch proxy with firefox but it can be used only to change proxies but not proxy chaining. If i've got to surf the net, i've got to connect through one of the 3 proxy servers in my campus.
    Never trouble another for what you can do for yourself.
    -Thomas Jefferson

http://www.AntiOnline.com/sig.php?imageid=777

I tried using multiproxy but i've two problems.

1) No matter what proxy i give it, it tells me its not working

2) I still need a way to initially channel my connection through the campus proxy.

Damnit this sucks, i never had any of this trouble before i started using the campus LAN.
    http://silentcode.net