ARE YOU READY? READY.GOV asks!

Thread: ARE YOU READY? READY.GOV asks!

ARE YOU READY? READY.GOV asks!

Hello all-

Just saw this and wondered if I was ready. The site looks to take a stab at getting people ready for various disasters. I was disappointed not to find duct tape and black garbage bages as part of any checklist. I was also disappointed in the fact of preparing for various attacks, nuclear, chemical, etc., that nowhere did the site tell you to "1. Bend over at the waist. 2. Insert head between legs. 3. Pucker up lips. 4. Kiss your gluteus maximus good-bye. 5. After you have have completed your kissing, work to assist others around you." I would have also like to see how to restart a civilization after a nuclear attack with the Mole people attacking every other day.

Here is the main link:

http://www.ready.gov/default.html

But seriously, I think it's a great start, however, I wonder how many people actually know about this site and would actually take the time to do what they could to prepare for various disasters - I mean where appropriate. Along with other checklists to help prevent various attacks or disasters from occuring. Here is the checklist on Cyber Security:

http://www.ready.gov/business/st3-improvecyber.html

I submit this for a couple of reasons: 1) to inform about this site and 2) to question whether or not people take DRP or BCP seriously and 3) to engage in being a wisenheimer, while scurrying to get my survival kits made up... anyone got any extra zombie repellant?
    \"An ant may well destroy a whole dam.\" - Chinese Proverb
    \"Not only can water float a craft, it can sink it also.\" - Chinese Proverb

http://www.AntiOnline.com/sig.php?imageid=764

Re: ARE YOU READY? READY.GOV asks!

Originally posted here by KuiXing-2005
    Hello all-

Just saw this and wondered if I was ready. The site looks to take a stab at getting people ready for various disasters. I was disappointed not to find duct tape and black garbage bages as part of any checklist.
    I'm ready! I've got boxes of garbage bags and tons of duct tape...

I do take disaster recovery seriously. We test on a quarterly basis. Sometimes even more often than that. We document our results and improve on anything that is not up to par. So far, we have no major issues. We have different levels of disaster, who declares the disaster, what procedures to take, etc.

First step on my disaster list... negotiate new salery...
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.