MSN Messenger problems error 1603

Thread: MSN Messenger problems error 1603

AO's Resident Redneck The Texan's Avatar

MSN Messenger problems error 1603

Ok, My friend has a problem with her msn messenger it says You do not have sufficient privileges to complete this installation for all users of the machine. Log on as administrator and retry this installation."
    "Msn messenger setup has failed with error code: '1603'. Please go to MSN Messenger website to download software from there." i went to google and looked for a solution to the problem and she tried it and it didnt work! any ideas? thanx bye.
    Git R Dun - Ty
    A tribe is wanted

there are a lot of results searching google...like
    http://66.102.9.104/search?q=cache:8...71603%27&hl=de
    ...will not help...
    but ...what about installing trillian ????? (just an idea)
    Industry Kills Music.

the beign of authority kurt_der_koenig's Avatar
    What version is this?

I have no fixes or ideas on this since I have never had this happen to me! But may I sugguest Gaim.

Gaim is a multi-protocol instant messaging (IM) client for Linux, BSD, MacOS X, and Windows. It is compatible with AIM and ICQ (Oscar protocol), MSN Messenger, Yahoo!, IRC, Jabber, Gadu-Gadu, SILC, GroupWise Messenger, and Zephyr networks.
    http://gaim.sourceforge.net/about.php
    Its very nice. And would be a 'breath of fresh air' from m$ usual problems!

-kurt

Hate to ask the obvious but.... Is she logged on as Admin? And does she have rights to be installing this?
    [H]ard|OCP <--Best hardware/gaming news out there--|
    pwned.nl <--Gamers will love this one --|
    Light a man a fire and you\'ll keep him warm for a day, Light a man ON fire and you\'ll keep him warm the rest of his life.

AO Senior Cow-beller
    Originally posted here by The Grunt
    Hate to ask the obvious but.... Is she logged on as Admin? And does she have rights to be installing this?
    Uhm, don't "hate to ask it"...there has been a rampant amount of these lately (or have I just not been paying attention? ) That was the first thing I thought...the error SAYS 'you don't have sufficient rights...' but no basic info is given.

/* edit: by the time you read this, that number over on the left will no longer be 200 posts */
    "Data is not necessarily information. Information does not necessarily lead to knowledge. And knowledge is not always sufficient to discover truth and breed wisdom." --Spaf
    Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made president should on no account be allowed to do the job. --Douglas Adams (1952-2001)
    "...people find it far easier to forgive others for being wrong than being right." - Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore

she does have admin rights as far as i know. she has tried to install both msn 6.2 and the new beta 7.0 with the same result it gets all the way thru the install until it gets to the end and says its "publishing something"and then it gives an HT blah blah (sorry i dont know the rest) error and it uninstalls. by the way she is from canada if this makes any difference. her msn worked previously and she can use the "windows messenger" that comes preloaded with windows.
    Git R Dun - Ty
    A tribe is wanted

Domain

Sounds like she is logged into a Windows Domain. Is she?

im not sure about that domain question
    Git R Dun - Ty
    A tribe is wanted