Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DeepFreeze

Unhappy DeepFreeze

Hey.... ummm.. I need alittle information about deepfreeze... I waz messing around with the demo version.. and kinda locked myself out.. and i have tried everything.. i have even used a dos mased process killer... i have very important information..... on my computer and unluckly it does not have a burner.. so i dont want to format.. merly.. turn off the Deepfreeze and delete it forever!! it sucks.... i hate depefreeze, my friend is the one who gave it 2 me... and he like set it up... and neither one of us know the password.. and umm.... the trial.... its kinda hacked... well, not hacked.. because thats illegal but he fixed it.. or used a fixed version OR SOMETHING like that... i dont know i just need help

Did you lock yourself out of your own system by installing/cracking the DeepFreeze demo, or are you trying to get around your school's version of DeepFreeze?

I'm confused of how locking yourself out of your own system is possible, how could you forget the password? Wouldn't that be up on the list of things not to forget?

Also, you said you needed information on DeepFreeze. What information do you need? Product evaluations or how to get around a 'Frozen' system?
    http://www.AntiOnline.com/sig.php?imageid=745
    http://www.AntiOnline.com/sig.php?imageid=746
    -- Be a part of the team! Join Protochaderin and help us build the game you want to play! --
    - http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...m/devlogo2.gif -

I am pretty familiar with deep freeze. it is an excellent program, great for keeping away skiddies becasue most of them cant even figure out how to get to the point where you can enter the password. Your best bet will be to email yourself the info, and format. Deepfreeze makes it so you cant add things to the computer without permission, so you should no trouble getting your info.

Oh and by the way. when you get something from a friend, who "fixed" the program, its illegal. and asking how to get around a very well made piece of security software, is really ****ing lame, especially on a security webpage.
    Everyone is going to die, I am just as good of a reason as any.

http://think-smarter.blogspot.com

AO Senior Cow-beller
    LMAO...
    "... and neither one of us know the password.. and umm.... the trial.... its kinda hacked... well, not hacked.. because thats illegal but he fixed it.. or used a fixed version" Ok, it's either 'hacked' (cracked is the more appropriate term, probably) or it's not. It sound's like it is NOT using the proper approved methods of use, therefore, cracked.

If you don't have a burner, XTC46 has the right idea. Email yourself anything not sensitive. Or get a fileshare online somewhere or on another PC, and move everything.

'Kinda hacked' is like 'sort of pregnant'. The degrees don't matter, you're still f$cked (haha, I'm so puny!)
    "Data is not necessarily information. Information does not necessarily lead to knowledge. And knowledge is not always sufficient to discover truth and breed wisdom." --Spaf
    Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made president should on no account be allowed to do the job. --Douglas Adams (1952-2001)
    "...people find it far easier to forgive others for being wrong than being right." - Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore

AO Ancient: Team Leader
    .... and "sort of pregnant" is a lot like "a little bit retarded".....
    Don\'t SYN us.... We\'ll SYN you.....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides

BinaryBrother, why are you even trying to use a demo version of cracked software? Lesson : if you're going to use cracked software (bad idea in general *snuggles OSS*), don't get a cracked version of a freely available and legitimate copy....this really makes me question your asking for help. DeepFreeze has a serial number and there's a built-in system for getting your system back together and DeepFreeze off. You call tech support with the token and serial number and they give you a temporary password to unlock DeepFreeze. I had to analyze all this to give an audit report to my school's IT people. If what you say is true, i'm a bit confused, you want the files? They're there. You want to change the filesystem? You want to reload all the files on a diff comp? If that's the case, just boot from something else and mount the drive, it's really not tricky =/. DeepFreeze is a piece of quality software, no doubt about that, but, what you're asking for is pretty unbelievable, it's not even remotely plausible. If you're trying to hack your school or mod stuff, give up now, it's clear you don't possess the skill to do so to begin with. If you really do have a problem with your comp, like everyone's said, send it to yourself over email, reformat, and download.
    Is there a sum of an inifinite geometric series? Well, that all depends on what you consider a negligible amount.

Originally posted here by FlamingRain
    BinaryBrother, why are you even trying to use a demo version of cracked software? Lesson : if you're going to use cracked software (bad idea in general *snuggles OSS*), don't get a cracked version of a freely available and legitimate copy....this really makes me question your asking for help. DeepFreeze has a serial number and there's a built-in system for getting your system back together and DeepFreeze off. You call tech support with the token and serial number and they give you a temporary password to unlock DeepFreeze. I had to analyze all this to give an audit report to my school's IT people. If what you say is true, i'm a bit confused, you want the files? They're there. You want to change the filesystem? You want to reload all the files on a diff comp? If that's the case, just boot from something else and mount the drive, it's really not tricky =/. DeepFreeze is a piece of quality software, no doubt about that, but, what you're asking for is pretty unbelievable, it's not even remotely plausible. If you're trying to hack your school or mod stuff, give up now, it's clear you don't possess the skill to do so to begin with. If you really do have a problem with your comp, like everyone's said, send it to yourself over email, reformat, and download.
    I don't think you heard him correctly, he wants a how-to tutorial.
    http://www.AntiOnline.com/sig.php?imageid=745
    http://www.AntiOnline.com/sig.php?imageid=746
    -- Be a part of the team! Join Protochaderin and help us build the game you want to play! --
    - http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...m/devlogo2.gif -

someone could tell him what a great resource k********x can be. you know, the CD. I used it to recover a couple computers from all kinds of stuff.
    ... nah, sorry man. on your own. I got no idea that your not trying to hack your school. Which in a way can be admirable (in a very limited way, but nonetheless a way). I had to learn on my own. (I'm pretty sure you're trying to hack school)

ROFL:
    neither one of us know the password.. and umm.... the trial.... its kinda hacked... well, not hacked.. because thats illegal but he fixed it.. or used a fixed version
    Ha ha ha... that is funny stuff though.
    The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool - Good Ole Bill Shakespeare

0 1 Bro,

merly.. turn off the Deepfreeze and delete it forever!!
    Sorry dude, you can’t.

The trial versions are 60-day evaluation versions. Unfortunately, if yours isn’t the Professional or Enterprise Trial Versions, the “60-day Evaluation Version” of the “Standard Version” does not include any remote management features. Therefore, the program 'Freezes' your current drive image and does not allow changes (doing its job).

Deep Freeze instantly protects and preserves original computer configurations. Completely invulnerable to hacking…Each restart eradicates all changes and resets the computer to its original state, right down to the last byte.

http://www.faronics.com/html/deepfreeze.asp

Support: 1-800-943-6422
    If you have a Professional or Enterprise Trial Version, here’s the white paper you’ll need:

http://www.faronics.com/html/whitepapers.asp

Although I don't know if you will get an un-install option when the eval period is over, but as mentioned eariler, I'd start grabbing your important info, a reformat is probably just around the corner.

Good luck
    Connection refused, try again later.

Underground Bunker, somewhere in Antarctica
    we used to have deep freeze at my school. but it made it such a hassel to free disk space and add programs and such our systems admin switched to ***********, which is much more effective than deep freeze. when we still had it, i was able to copy files off of it by making a shortcut to the C drive and going through it like that. then again, we had an ancient version of it so i dont know if it will work for you. good luck though..
    I know your type, you think "I'll just get me a costume, rip off the neighborhood kids". Next thing you know, you've got a jet shaped like a skull with lasers on the front!
    -The Monarch.