Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: media state disconnected

[RANT]Most techsupport call centers are filled with people that know little to nothing about what they are supporting. They are poeple handing out scripted fixes for common problems. My first computer job was at a call center supporting MSN internet access. Most of the people I worked with didn't have a clue, one guy had never used MS before working there and anouther was a painter for most of his life having used a computer a couple times before working there.

I know there are some good techsupport centers out there with well trained and knowledgable people, but most of them just have warm body with a script, waiting to redirect the caller to the computer manufacturer if the problem isn't on there script.[/RANT]
    Mad Beaver

Recently i ran into the same problem-If your running xp run regedit delete winsock and winsock2 keys-then reboot windows should reset these values when you reboot-right click the network connection click properties-click install-click protocol-click add-click have disk-type C:\Windows\inf click ok on the list of available protocols click Internet Protocol(TCP/IP)and click ok restart computer if none of these work find the right way and then post it so i can know-Not the only one stuck in neutral