Greetings, friendly people of AO...

I went through some research on how to create forum capabilities on a webpage, I debated PHP vs. Java vs. ColdFusion, etc. I think Java seems the best way to go... Sadly, whenever I do a search on how to create a forum, all that comes up are actualy forums, usually in programming, but unrelated to creating forums. So here is my question...

What do I need to do to enable support for a Java forum? Is it automatically included with most pay-servers? Or do I have to search for a server that supports it, similar to PHP? Basically I want to create forum capabilities for about 30 people. Although this isn't a terribly large amount, I'd like to support the ability to update profiles and send/receive private messages and some other cool features (All depending on what you can offer in terms of tutorial) I'll be doing this step-by-step from scratch, everything from downloading J2SE, or J2EE or any other development software.

I'd actually like to start creating my html pages in the Java development program due to the ease of editing.

Please, experienced Java web developers, (Help me out!). Perhaps you might like to start this as a new tutorial in a new thread, if so, please private message me the title of the new thread. Thanks again!

-Ryan