Thread: how to protect the identity?

how to protect the identity?

Is there a way post messages at the some forum and protect the identity at the same time?

Sometimes i want post messages in some forum. Its open forum -there are no registering required, just to enter name and text. But there is one big problem -it NOT allow work through proxy.
    When I try use proxy, it show something like this:
    -------------------------------------------------

ERROR
    The requested URL could not be retrieved

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

While trying to retrieve the URL: http://www.site.tk/news/

The following error was encountered:

Access Denied.
    Access control configuration prevents your request from being allowed at this time. Please contact your service provider if you feel this is incorrect.

Your cache administrator is root.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Generated Tue, 01 Feb 2005 18:17:40 GMT by marketview (Squid/2.3.STABLE4)

Is there a way post messages and protect the identity at the same time? I dont want they be able to determine any data about user that post messages. i.e cookies etc. As far I know, they can do this(and do) Most definitely, they use cookies to track users. However, I can post messages from any internet cafe and change my location. Nevertheless, is there some way post messages and to be 'incognito'?

AO Senior Cow-beller
    Depends on what is really causing the error with the proxy. Have you tried the online privacy proxy services? EFF has one, there are several commercial ones...heck the Switchproxy extension for Firefox supports them built-in (I just don't know how to use it, yet.)

I'd bet there IS a way to do this, if you keep hacking away at the problem.
    "Data is not necessarily information. Information does not necessarily lead to knowledge. And knowledge is not always sufficient to discover truth and breed wisdom." --Spaf
    Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made president should on no account be allowed to do the job. --Douglas Adams (1952-2001)
    "...people find it far easier to forgive others for being wrong than being right." - Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore

I just tried one of free proxy services, not sure why this should work with other. As far I know they always ask users does they use proxy or not, if user have some problem with posting, since they not allow use proxy.