Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I am trying to change the banner in Active Directory.

I am trying to change the banner in Active Directory.

I am trying to change the banner in Active Directory. My boss wants to put
    the company logo in it. How do I go about doing it? I found where I can
    change the text in AD but it doesn't have an area to add the logo and it also
    won't let me adjust the spacing of the text. Or anyone know of a third party software? Please advise.

AO Ancient: Team Leader
    Are you talking about the title bar for IE or what?

If you are I don't think you can add a logo there... You can alter the text though.
    Don\'t SYN us.... We\'ll SYN you.....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides

Regal Making Handler
    If you are I don't think you can add a logo there... You can alter the text though.
    It is possible to customise the animated logo in IE, the one on the top right......Is this what you mean??
    What happens if a big asteroid hits the Earth? Judging from realistic simulations involving a sledge hammer and a common laboratory frog, we can assume it will be pretty bad. - Dave Barry

I am not trying to do it in IE...it isn't for any web based program. I am trying to put up a warning banner for those that log onto windows from their workstation on my network. You know a system security policy warning people if they do something wrong while working on the network.

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    I believe you're referring to this. I don't think I've ever seen an option to add a graphic however.

[edit]

A little further search found this: http://www.aboriginemundi.com/wbc/

Not sure if it is what you're looking for.
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

The one from the microsoft site was more what I was looking for...but it doesn't allow a logo or graphic to be used. The other site looked more along the lines for a pop up on IE or a program. We are using XP Pro. I thank you though.

AO Ancient: Team Leader
    Ms. M. is right, (who'da thought that... ), The warning message allows you to change the title of the window and the text held within it but I have never come across the ability to put an image in there...
    Don\'t SYN us.... We\'ll SYN you.....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides

yeah i didn't know if there was a script I could try or a third party app that would allow me to put one in there.

Depending on what login scripting language you are using, you could open an instance of IE and post your message there. You can add your company logo, and close the window automagically after a set period of time. I've used this method to display feedback from the login script. I'll look around and see if I still have an example of the code that I used. It'll be VBScript if I can find it.

But doesn't that run the script after you sign in? I wanted something that would go in before you decide to log onto the network. I know I am being picky I am sorry. But we have many people doing things they shouldn't and I am going to start making some security changes. But I want ot make sure that people are aware if they hit the "ok" button or "I consent" button that they are being monitored or watched...or rather people can see what they are doing whether it be personal or work related. Such as one of my users was using the company band width to dl programs and mp3s. I put a stop to it. But I want to make people aware that the security is being tightened. We just had an internal hack.

I know I am becoming an ogre.

Sorry for the rant.