Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My Super Cd

Originally posted here by oofki
    That doesnt sound too bad to me... Is there a gui?

nope no gui - just the apps.

what do you use for registry cleanup?

actually i'm gonna start a new thread about this in a minute. gotta go work on a problem first.

I use something pretty much just like that. However i use FastMenu for the GUI.

I used to use a freeware program and it worked great it was very simple. Then I wanted to be able to copy files and things and theonly way to do it with it was to use a batch file so i sprung for the expensive software. Now I can use command lines, copy files, set attrbutes, the works.

I personally live, work and die by bartPE.

My pe disc contains everything i need to get a (l)users machine up in a minimal amount of time. I use mcafee's command line scanner and bug zapper for viruses, adaware to kill *ware, ghost if I need it, stuff like that. I typically build a new disc every weekend, or when something new rears it's ugly head.

Then I have my Uber favorite PE disk. It contains all files and executables necessary for data recovery, including cd burning tools.

All this with a nifty windows GUI with full NTFS read-write support.
    You are so bored that you are reading my signature?

Well I need more tools that adaware and mcafee to work, I do have those working though. Plus I need registry access to win9x systems.

I just use mcafee and adaware to get things started. When a machine is just too bogged down, I can pop this disc in and make the machine usable. Then I can use my normal tools to finish the job.
    You are so bored that you are reading my signature?

Banned
    I like Bart PE, too... annihilator > check out Avast's Bart disk ( http://www.avast.com/eng/avast_bart_cd.html ) if you haven't yet. They're still doing testing and accept "requests from serious people" or something... I got mine pretty easily by just filling out the form...

[shadow]1. Can you make them for other OS's besides Window$, or do you just make them only for Window$?
    2. The Window$ CD is for just XP or other Window$ OS's, 95/98, NT, 2000, XP, etc...?
    3. Which Window$ is it compatible with and are ALL the apps compatible with ALL the Window$ OS's?
    4. Where can I download the ISO for it?[/shadow]
    Computers do not have problems, they have users.
    ~Cope57