Thread: yahoo encryption

yahoo encryption

does anyone have an idea on what encryption technique/algorithm does yahoo use for hashing its email passwords.

AO Senior Cow-beller
    Not a clue. Why don't you email their development team and ask?
    "Data is not necessarily information. Information does not necessarily lead to knowledge. And knowledge is not always sufficient to discover truth and breed wisdom." --Spaf
    Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made president should on no account be allowed to do the job. --Douglas Adams (1952-2001)
    "...people find it far easier to forgive others for being wrong than being right." - Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore

Yeah ask them.
    If you are not suppose to know then they won't revela anything. Otherwise, don't try to know.

none, everything is stored in plain text. they dont log IP addresses either. so just run a brute force attack agaisnt the server and use every possible cominations of characters they support. Dont bother tryingt o mask your ip or anything, becasue yahoo doesnt care. <bfeg>
    Everyone is going to die, I am just as good of a reason as any.

http://think-smarter.blogspot.com

Yep, if they are still using "ZixIt" and PKI (public key infrastructure) you can download the whitepaper Here:

cheers
    Connection refused, try again later.

mistake

Re: yahoo encryption

Originally posted here by tipu_sultan
    does anyone have an idea on what encryption technique/algorithm does yahoo use for hashing its email passwords.

Ah, don't let them get to you man. Here's a quick rundown....

They use a tripleBS scheme with rotating FU salts. I found the following on alt.2600 that should help HERE
    Always happens, I get all worked up to say somthing profound and bam!!! uh... whut were we talkin bout?

I guess they use MD5. You can check it signing in and watching the address bar.