Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help!! Spyware!!

Help!! Spyware!!

My computer is so slow that I can't do anything at all. I've tried to open Spybot but it says that there isn't enough memory or something. I tried to defragment but i can't even open "My Computer" Also there is an annoying pop-up that never goes away that says something like "Winserv failed to initialize" If you click "ok," another one pops up that says "Wincd failed to initialize" and on and on. What should I do?

start in safe mode and try and run the adware programs. If that still doesnt help Id suggest formatting becasue if it is at this point chance are the system is hosed anyway.
    Everyone is going to die, I am just as good of a reason as any.

http://think-smarter.blogspot.com

What is "formating?"
    Sry, I'm a newbie

formatting is when you delete EVERYTHING of the hard drive (including the os) and start from scratch. People will noramly fdisk as well, wich will delete the partition and then recreate it. You could also just reimage the machine if you have the disk that some manufactures give with the computers.

********** |ceWriterguy
    Suggestion: Tomorrow get in your car. Drive to the local Community College. It's the big building with the word COLLEGE written out in front of it. Sign up for a course called Introduction to Computers. It will have a funny number beside it, something like COSC-1301. Take that course. Attend EVERY class. Then, after completing it, you MIGHT have enough savvy to quit wasting our time in this forum and ask an intelligent question.

If you'd dearly love to find out what formatting is, simply open your command prompt and type

Format c:

Then answer yes every time it asks you if you're sure. I suggest you have a new windows cd on hand... oh - that's the round thing with the hole in the center that resembles a shaving mirror.
    Even a broken watch is correct twice a day.

Which coder said that nobody could outcode Microsoft in their own OS? Write a bit and make a fortune!

Lmao guys.

altotheex13 if you do not know enough about computers that you dont know what formatting I would strongly suggest for you to not attempt to fix it youself. No offense and all but I think it would be in your best intrest to pay a professional to do it for you. I think you would be worth the money spent to save you hours of frustraion.

The only thing that amazes me is that you know what spyware is but you do not know what formatting a hard drive means.

sorry oofki, but that is a horrible answer. Thats telling him not to learn about the problem. everyone has to start somewhere. He has spybot which is a good start, he tryed running it and it didnt work for various reason. Id rather him learn how to fix something so simple then to pay someone to do it for him.

altotheex13,

there are a number of tutorials on how to format a computer, but ti should be used as a last resort. I would strongly suggest running your programs in safe mode and seeing if it helps at all. then get back to us. you should also use a program called adaware, it is very good and user friendly. just be sure to have all your updates becasue if you dont the scan will not be nearley as helpful.

AFLAAACKKK!!
    Thats telling him not to learn about the problem. everyone has to start somewhere
    I don't have a problem with that, keeps people like me in business haha ... j/k
    I am the uber duck!!1
    Proxy Tools

Some Assembly Required ShagDevil's Avatar
    altotheex13, for starters, we could use some basic information:
    - Your Operating System (Windows XP,ME,98, etc.)
    - The exact error messages you're getting. (This helps when searching the MS knowledge base for solutions)
    - (optional) What security programs you have installed (outside of Spybot)

I would also suggest trying XTC46 said (if you know how to get into safe mode). I'm assuming you do? If not, just let us know and we can take it from there.

Do you have any idea when these problems started? for example, maybe you started experiencing these problems after downloading a file attachment from an email?
    Downloading music? You gotta elaborate on the situation a little bit more.

**Note - oofki, that's some of the worst advice I've ever heard.
    **Note - |3lack|ce, really nice reply there. Too bad car mechanics aren't more like yourself. It would be really nice to see how you feel when your transmission is laying in the middle of the freeway...and your mechanic's response is "go to college and learn how to fix it yourself, idiot".
    The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his - George Patton

********** |ceWriterguy
    Actually Shag it's more like him calling the department of motor vehicles asking them how to drive a car when he's already doing 120mph down the freeway.

Now tell me, honestly in this Security Forum, how is it we're suddenly all pooftie over teaching basic computer commands? Get real. This is either someone yanking everyone's chain or a flipping idiot. I negged him, then I negged the thread hoping others would follow suit in the hopes it would die a quick, painless death. Others seemed to think greening me was the right thing to do - I appreciated their input to my accumulation of greens, but it was counterproductive. I actually thank you for negging me as those greens I got were undeserved based on my input here. I wish you would neg the thread as well. I hope others neg this thread into oblivion as well. Here. I'll add a few more negative antipoints to the thread...
    Even a broken watch is correct twice a day.

Which coder said that nobody could outcode Microsoft in their own OS? Write a bit and make a fortune!