Changing jargon

Thread: Changing jargon

Changing jargon

Just a thought I wanted to share...

I'm taking a internet communications (required unfortunately) course here at school, and I noticed somthing in the book accompanying the course that bothered me.

CC is listed as 'Courtesy Copy'. Not a huge discrepancy, but still...
    It's funny how things seem to be re-defined up under our noses.
    Always happens, I get all worked up to say somthing profound and bam!!! uh... whut were we talkin bout?

********** |ceWriterguy
    The author of the text probably didn't know that CC meant 'carbon copy' - the loss of credibility he'll suffer will vary from student to student. Were I you I'd show my instructor this error, because if he makes a small one like that, odds are there'll be larger ones later on...

http://www.bar446.com/faq/cc.html
    Even a broken watch is correct twice a day.

Which coder said that nobody could outcode Microsoft in their own OS? Write a bit and make a fortune!

I did clue him in on it, but he's an adjunct, so - not exactly interested. Thing is, I googled the 'error' and it's listed as an accepted alternate in many places. Not that this makes things better.
    Always happens, I get all worked up to say somthing profound and bam!!! uh... whut were we talkin bout?

I of course trust this