Run a server MCC file locally.

Thread: Run a server MCC file locally.

AO French Antique News Whore

Run a server MCC file locally.

MMC are Microsoft Common Console Document.

I'm in a lab test right now and I'm trying to figure this without any luck. I have a Windows 2003 server who is Domain Controller. I have a XP workstation who member of the domain. I want to be able to log from the workstation and to be able to change data from the "Active Directory Users and Computers" console remotely. Sadly, when I run the MMC file call "dsa.msc", it doesn't open the Active Directory Console and created an error. Anyone knows how.

By the way, I'm log as admin on the XP machine and when I'll be able to run the console remotely, I'll run it using the runas command.
    -Simon \"SDK\"

T̙͓̞̣̯ͦͭͅͅȂͧͭͧ̏̈͏̖̖Z̿ ͆̎̄
    You've been waiting for awhile...and so I hope this will help...

http://www.djack.com.pl/download/AD/...chapter_05.pdf

or, at least be a good reference.

Eg

or maybe this....

http://www.google.ca/search?client=f...=Google+Search
    Google Search: change data from the "Active Directory Users and Computers" console remotely

sorry, I tried to link to the page but you're going to have to copy n' paste if you want to see it...because I can't seem to make it work.

Hey Hey,

Eg: if you enclose the link in and it should work just fine as a clickable link

SDK: From the MS Site:

DSA.msc: Active Directory Users and Computers
    Category DSA.msc is the Active Directory Users and Computers snap-in used by Administrators to manage Active Directory in Windows 2000 and Windows Server 2003 domains.

Version compatibility DSA.msc runs on Windows 2000 Server, Windows XP SP1 with the Windows Server 2003 Administration Tools Pack installed, and Windows Server 2003.

DSA.msc ships with Windows 2000 and Windows Server 2003.
    Download Windows Server 2003 Administration Tools Pack

Good Luck and Peace

HT
    IT Blog: .:Computer Defense:.
    PnCHd (Pronounced Pinched): Acronym - Point 'n Click Hacked. As in: "That website was pinched" or "The skiddie pinched my computer because I forgot to patch".