I know this sounds like it's a topic for the MS forum, but not entirely sure.

Here's the deal - i'm the newbie at my job right now, and we're just about to do a rollout.

suffice to say they do things a lot different from my previous gigs, and i'm a bit concerned.

We're basically rolling out 60 new boxs to end users - it will be fresh equipment pre-loaded with our image, so essentially it's gonna be data transfer and tweaking.

here's where my issue comes in. THe marching orders are to use the File and Settings Transfer Wizard to move data. i've never used this tool before, but they want to use it with no adjustment of settings, and that concerns me.

Why? Because i'm cleaning spyware off of at least one machine a week, and that's jsut people who have crippling problems. So it makes me wonder how thorughly infested this place is.

And from what i see of FAST wizard, it seems like it searches the entire harddrive for various file settings and adds those to the file it makes.

So my question is 2-fold - one MS related, and the other a workaround:

1. If i customized the wizard and told it not to search for all those randome extensions and just do it's thing for everything else, will it copy over the files in the folders and settingsa i choose that have those file extensions?

2. Since i've got these spyware issues that i don't want to copy over what do y'all think is the best (and fastest) way to mitigate that? (if it were up to me, i'd take it slow, and be thorough, but it's not an option)

I'm currently planning on running HJT, if no problems fine, and then run a registry cleanup program (CCleaner) before starting the FAST wizard.

obviously if i find problems with HJT, then i'm going to have to through the spyware cleaning rigamarole tho.