Thread: The Art of Intrusion

The Art of Intrusion

A new Mitnink's book has recently been released.
    This books sounds promising. Many stories are sorted in this book..
    At the first time this books seems interesting and fruitful.
    But i am asking if some read this book already. Do you recommend buying and in the first place taknig time and effort to read it?..

Link: Kevin Mitnik

I have no read it but he is an increadibly smart man and I would recomend anything he writes.

I am an ardent admirer of him, but some recommendations would be inevitably better.
    Hey guys, anyone read the book in here?

Cheers
    \"The only truly secure system is one that is powered off, cast in a block of concrete and sealed in a lead-lined room with armed guards - and even then I have my doubts\".....Spaf
    Everytime I learn a new thing, I discover how ignorant I am.- ... Black Cluster

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    Has the book actually been released yet (I see a release date of Feb 25, 2005 on Amazon)?
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

I thought that the book is released already coz i read some reveiws.
    It might be some special edditions for reviewing purposes? Could this be true anyways?

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    Those would have been special pre-release reviews. (Dust jacket type-stuff). Tony is a member here and you can ask him about the book but I doubt that any general members would have it. Pre-release previews tend to be a small, small audience (maybe 10-20 people) for reviews and hype prior to the book's release.

For this one I'll wait until it's released and I'll hold judgement until I've read it myself.
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

ow, man does that http://www.mitnicksecurity.com site suck ass or is it just me??
    ASCII stupid question, get a stupid ANSI.
    When in Russia, pet a PETSCII.

Get your ass over to SLAYRadio the best station for C64 Remixes !

I just finished this book. Great stories but not very technical. I read it very quickly as the stories are very interesting... I'd recommend it.

Thanks for you interest.... I am going to buy a copy... But I will make sure not to make it as my first readind priority, since it is {As you stated} a more theoritical and more prone to narration ...
    I hope it would be more beneficial than a silly story of moronic boys ,,,,,
    \"The only truly secure system is one that is powered off, cast in a block of concrete and sealed in a lead-lined room with armed guards - and even then I have my doubts\".....Spaf
    Everytime I learn a new thing, I discover how ignorant I am.- ... Black Cluster