Thread: Suspenseful Author

Suspenseful Author

As far as I know, Dan Brown is by far the greatest master-minds of current novels. His wide vary of knowledge makes his books page-turning. Its unbelievable.

His books:
    Angels & Demons
    The Da Vinci Code
    Deception Point
    Digital Fortress

Go out and buy yourself a few hundred copies...

Those that have read his books, which do you favor?

Cheers
    First you listen, then you do, finally you teach.
    Duck Hunting Chat
    VirtualConvenience
    RROD

AO Senior Cow-beller
    I like the logical puzzles and the storyline of The DaVinci code the most. I do *not* care for Dan Browns writing style though. I feel like I'm reading an after-school primer or something. I actually own the Audible.com unabridged recording of this, and it is much more pleasant to listen to than read.

Angels & Demons is a good story, but somewhat improbably in many ways.

Digital Fortress was completely ludicrous from a technology and realism standpoint. After reading it, I refused to buy Deception Point. Also, I love how the main character in Digital Fortress (forget his name) is basically exactly the same as Robert Langdon in The DaVinci Code.

All in all, The DaVinci code is quite a decent story. As a novice widows son and history buff, I appreciate the historical references. Many of these references are factual, but most are merely credible theories...credible to many intelligent, objective people, anyway. Some organizations will NEVER admit cetain ideas which, upon honest contemplation, seem obvious or at least plausible.

I'm interested to see if Richie Cunningham^U^U Ron Howard and Tom Hanks do it ANY justice on the silver screen.

/* edit */
    I'm curious about all the mysterious puzzles he describes...I knew about the Fibonacci Squence, but the symbolism in classical art, the rose/pentacle/5 points, the number Phi...some VERY cool stuff there (if you're geeky enough, that is.) How many are factual and verifiable. And it makes you wonder how long he had to research this book!

I highly suggest giving it a spin. I'd recommend checking your local library for the CDs and give it a listen.
    "Data is not necessarily information. Information does not necessarily lead to knowledge. And knowledge is not always sufficient to discover truth and breed wisdom." --Spaf
    Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made president should on no account be allowed to do the job. --Douglas Adams (1952-2001)
    "...people find it far easier to forgive others for being wrong than being right." - Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore

"I'm curious about all the mysterious puzzles he describes...I knew about the Fibonacci Squence, but the symbolism in classical art, the rose/pentacle/5 points, the number Phi...some VERY cool stuff there (if you're geeky enough, that is.) How many are factual and verifiable. And it makes you wonder how long he had to research this book!"

Hrmm, buy "Cracking the Da Vinci Code" by Simon Cox. Explains it fairly well.
    Geeky enough? Its than safe to assume that geeks are not lazy as they do research on a topic unknown to them.....

They both part in different roles, notice the diffenernt hoddies and skills between the two. Robert Langdon stared in both Angel & Demons and Da Vinci Code.

"Many of these references are factual, but most are merely credible theories"
    And so is everything else we believe as a Religion today. I suppose everything is considered factual, the way you've worded it... Opus Dei has indeed walk this Earth, maybe Negative could join us in this discussion as I know he has a fair amount of knowledge about the selected. Knights Templar was firistly named or called Poor Knights of the Temple of Solomon, which was made public in 1119 (if I'm not mistaken) later in 1188 they were unified under one leadership. They helped translate the Hebrew Old Testament. The Templars did indeed hold some kind of treasure. In 1310 (?) they broke, and the members looked on for a different cult (way of belief, followers).

But indeed, indeed. I understand as to some abside by the History from text of a factual book, you can't always believe what you read. In some cases you my not see, but you must find information to believe .

Take care,
    D00d
    First you listen, then you do, finally you teach.
    Duck Hunting Chat
    VirtualConvenience
    RROD

Check out Codex

If you like Dan Brown, check out "Codex" by Lev Grossman - the style is a bit different, but the story line is really good (I think so anyway).........

STG