Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Local security w2k question

All the laptops are in the domain... but how they login when they are away from the network? (not connected at all)... We use local users for that and they are not under any GPO.

Smile

If you have Win2003 Server(s) and Win XP laptops then I would restrict the laptops to always have to use their domain accounts, and then change the Group Policy to allow for cached domain logons at:

Computer Configuration - Windows Settings - Security Settings - Local Policies - Security Options - Interactive logon: Number of previous logons to cache

This way, even when they are not connected to the domain, they can still "logon" to the domain in cached mode with its policies and rules!

Hope that solves your issue?

Yes! That's right, is what I was looking for, because in some machines you are allowed to login with domain user , but in another ones you're not, and I didn't know why....

Then, if in one GPO this "value" is not defined, can you login as many times as you want by default?

Thank you!

If the value is not defined, it leaves the default which is to store the previous 10 logons