Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Getting HTML source

Getting HTML source

hi guys

is there a way to get the HTML source of a website without using IE, and saving it in a file ?

because i'm facing problems with IE and i don't wanna use LINUX
    [gloworange][shadow]www.geocities.com/dia_byte0 [/shadow] [/gloworange]

No To 1559 !

Signature image is too tall!

use any other browser and click the view source option... but most webpages arent only html, so its alot more then just that code. besides...you really shouldnt steal peoples code, write your own.
    Everyone is going to die, I am just as good of a reason as any.

http://think-smarter.blogspot.com

or use netcat, something along the lines of this should work, havent used it in ages so am guessing

<------------------------------------------------->

c:\>nc www.google.com -p 80
    GET / HTTP/1.1

<------------------------------------------------->

think that should, check this tutorial on netcat http://www.spyder-fonix.com/netcat.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HTTP

hope that helps

i2c

Banned
    What's wrong with using code from websites?

Unless you rip-off a complete site and call it your own, there is no problem using snipets of code from a site or two.

What the hell do you expect "open source" to be?

And most copyrights on sites only mention the media on the site (images, videos and content of information) and not the actuall code.

I have no problem people taking code from my site. If it benefits your sites presentation, go for it.

Add: if someone is really worried about their code, they would add the javascript code to disable right-click and have some code to modify the way the browser works (remove the buttons at the top or create a pop-up with no nav bar)

Banned
    As for an answer to the question,

If you've been to the site, and depending on your browser settings, you'll have the HTML page in your internet temp files.

Just do a search and you'll find it there.

can you use frontpage or any good web html tool, hotmetal,dreamwaver to dump all the structure/data/script of the website you like.)

cheers, want to be webmaster? talk to me...:0
    ÍòǧÊÀ½ç¶àÆæÃºÆå«ÓîÖæÊ®ÍòÎÊ¡£
    ¹Â¶ÀºÚ¿ÍÀë¾ýÈ¥£¬Óû°é¹éÏçÖйú
    ºì¡£

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    IntelliTamper might be of help.
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

guys i don't want to use other peaple's code

but there is this cool site : www.hackthissite.org

that include hacking challenges so i want the code of the pages that i must find the password of

that it

thank you all
    [gloworange][shadow]www.geocities.com/dia_byte0 [/shadow] [/gloworange]

No To 1559 !

Signature image is too tall!

the beign of authority kurt_der_koenig's Avatar
    What's wrong with using code from websites?

Unless you rip-off a complete site and call it your own, there is no problem using snipets of code from a site or two.

What the hell do you expect "open source" to be?

And most copyrights on sites only mention the media on the site (images, videos and content of information) and not the actuall code.

I have no problem people taking code from my site. If it benefits your sites presentation, go for it.

Add: if someone is really worried about their code, they would add the javascript code to disable right-click and have some code to modify the way the browser works (remove the buttons at the top or create a pop-up with no nav bar)
    Oh please, if one is that retarded that they can't code HTML- pfff. Copying code form one's site is almost useless. By the time you make it work for you, you would have been better off just doing it yourself. As far as javascript, most people demand that you state that it was coded by them by putting it in the comments. Second, disabling right-click and removing the bottons/ navigation bar will mostly make the site far from userfriendly. Also what would happen if the user has javascript disabled? Depending on the way you coded your site, they will not see your site or the javascript will not effect them. Then all browsers have the view source opition . And lastly, you can just download the page through a download manager!

hi guys

is there a way to get the HTML source of a website without using IE, and saving it in a file ?

because i'm facing problems with IE and i don't wanna use LINUX
    Copy the url and download it through a download manager. The when you downloaded it, right click and select edit. This will bring up the site code in notepad.

I came in to the world with nothing. I still have most of it.